Medical Reasons for Drop in Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Amelia, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      So, this is a very strange question (and I hope it doesn't upset anyone) but in the last few days I've noticed at times my T has dropped in its volume - or at least my perceived volume of it. Not all the time, but sometimes I'm not noticing it which is unusual for me.

2 nights ago I woke and actually couldn't hear it. At all. And funnily enough it took me a really long time to fall back asleep because I was so unnerved by it. I'm so used to the sound. Not that I like it, but I'm just used to it. The silence hasn't continued unfortunately.

I guess I'm asking because if anyone saw my last post, I'm dealing with heavy some health anxiety right now, and my brain is telling me something awful must be happening/has happened to me to see a change in my T. I read something that someone had a stroke and his T disappeared. Not that I have any stroke signs but my anxiety brain is going into overdrive.

I have chronic sinusitis (loads of one sided facial pressure), low blood pressure causing dizziness along with the anxiety. I'm also recovering from being hospitalised due to pneumonia in the last 3 weeks. But at the moment I'm not on any medication, and haven't been apart from the IV antibiotics in hospital.

I know logically these things combined should make my T worse if anything. I just need a bit of reassurance that only positive things make T drop.

Thanks xxx

2. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Amelia,

Have you been to the doctor recently to get blood work done, blood pressure checked? I think this would be a good start to confirm that everything is fine.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      The iv meds might be helping and mucous shifting.

Hope it continues so try relax and stay calm and enjoy Christmas.. .lots of love glynis

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Were you on steroids Amelia?

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Nope, no steroids - only IV penicillin and doxycycline orally

6. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      Christmas Miracle.

7. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Recently had a bad skin infection, was very painful, lasted two weeks, four days in bed - t was in the background as I was concentrating on the discomfort so much. I did at times perceive it lower, almost as a brain plasticity thing taking place...

8. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      high fevers often make my tinnitus about 90% quieter for a while.