Merchandise Air Cushion Pop

Discussion in 'Support' started by Gosia, May 10, 2017.

1. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      Hi everyone..

Not only I'm stressed due to the flight I'm about to take, but while packing at home I stepped on one of those bubble cushion they use to protect merchandise (it's like a small bag made of very thin plastic filled with air) . Of course, it burst under my feet with a loud noise. I just have no idea how loud it could be - I know that balloon pop is considered to be very loud and this was like a small balloon.

Of course I hear my t louder now, but I'm old enough here to know that it can also be panic effect, but I'd be glad to read if sb did the same and was ok afterwards. I was doing fine lately and now this.. We talk about protecting ears but to be honest I 'm experiencing the most noisy things at home :/

Here is what I'm talking about:

air.jpg

2. hopeforme

hopeforme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown/ear infection/noise
      Hi, you'll be ok.

I've had loud doors slam, loud things drop, car doors slam and I've been ok. When I say slam, these were loud. Nothing like a gunshot but loud enough to make a person cringe.

Hope you have a good rest of the day.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      I agree, there are 99% chances that it won't affect your T at all. These kind of incidents will happen again, it's important to relax and not overworrying about this.

Me yes, a gunshot one or two meters from me some years ago. All the afternoon following that I searched on Internet to know how loud it could be (as if it would change anything..). I was really scared, I went to the emergency in the evening and saw an ENT the morning after, fortunately it did not affect my hearing (nor my T). But it's the loudest accident I had (the kind of shock that makes you deaf for a second or two)

• Like Like x 3
    4. quietatnight
      Frustrated

quietatnight Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma / firecracker
      @Gosia

Your going to be fine, I have popped those many times before with no effect on my hearing or my tinnitus. I did it about a month ago, I had just unpacked a shipping box, with something that I had bought online, and it was packed with a bunch of those. I was trying to close up the flaps of the box so I could put the box in the trash. And I pushed a little too hard on a couple of them trying to keep them from coming out of the box. And I popped 2 or 3 of them right in a row, just few inches from my head. Even that had no effect on my hearing at all.

You stepped on one, 5 feet from your head ( assuming that your at least 5 feet tall or more LOL ) That was nothing, plus just the fact that you had your foot on it, would have blocked and muffled some of the sound as well.

Not to worry,

Take care

Louie

Quietatnight

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      Thank you so much. Me too , I've experienced many door slqms etc , especially in the beginning as I had to learn to be alert. Now I developed a wild animal alertness to noises ,heh, so I must say lately I didn't get that much of those, but this little bastard yesterday burtsing in my small , silent room just made a high pitched explosion , which of course, wasn't probably as loud as it seemed to be to me..Once my bf popped it on purpose in his hands and I felt my tympan vibrate even though I was 1,5 m away from him .. This time I was kind of further cause I'm 1m 64 - that's around 5 feet indeed :)) Anyway, my T is pretty loud today, as it was last night, but I had to take a plane yesterday night so it might be this ..I popped two pills of NAC , just in case.. and magnesium and vitamins. Thank you all :thankyousign:

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I pop these routinely and wouldn't be worried about it. A balloon is not considered "very loud" unless it's a particular kind and right next to your head.

7. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      I think kid's balloons are really louder when they pop and thus more dangerous though, try to stay far from them

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Those ones are ridiculous, i am sure they are damaging kids ears when they pop them.