Mild Tinnitus from Stress / Epstein-Barr Virus Flare Up — It Got Worse Recently for Some Reason

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Stayinghopeful, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Stayinghopeful
      Procrastinating

Stayinghopeful Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened with COVID-19 / Anesthesia
      Hello,

I’ve had mild tinnitus since 2010 as a result of stress and a Epstein-Barr virus flare up. My tinnitus didn’t affect me in anyway (could still sleep with earplugs in) and hardly noticed it up until recently.

I went to a concert on Friday the 27th of May for 2 hours. I wore earplugs. I didn’t experience any change or notice my tinnitus was much worse driving home or the day after.

I tested positive for COVID-19 on the 3rd of June. I isolated for 7 days.

I noticed that my tinnitus spiked during end of 7 day isolation but could still sleep normally (just thought my ears were a bit worse) but didn’t think too much on it.

Wednesday the 15th of June I went into hospital to have an abscess drained which was a stressful day. I had high inflammation on blood tests at hospital due to the infection.

I was sleeping good Saturday/Sunday post hospital.

Tinnitus ramped up on or around Monday the 19th of June for some reason...

It has been louder ever since? I really don’t know what’s caused it and if this spike is permanent?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

2. MindOverMatter

MindOverMatter Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (possibly stress related, and later sound induced)
      Nobody could know for sure @Stayinghopeful, but most spikes do go down to baseline again. There are great chances yours will too as it seem it may be due to COVID-19 (long-COVID-19?) and inflammation.

Give it some time, try to lower your stress levels. With time you will see it ease.

• Agree Agree x 1