Mirtazapine (Remeron) Question — Did It Help You? Did Stopping It Make Your Tinnitus Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Christian82, Sep 26, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Christian82

Christian82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2014
      Hey guys,

I have a question to those of you who have been or currently are on this drug.

1. Did anyone get a feeling it made their tinnitus better?

2. Is here anyone who stopped taking the drug and if so did you notice an increase in tinnitus or did it stay the same?

I am currently stopping the medication because I can't lose weight and I sleep 10 hours each night.

Cheers,

Chris

2. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      I've been on mirtrazipine for a year 15mg nitely helps with sleep had no effect on my T

3. Christian82

Christian82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2014
      Hmm I'm just curious because the same time I started Mirtazapine it got better to the point I would sometimes not hear it. Now on day 3 off Mirtazapine and my T is way up. Not sure if it's that or the bad food here at the hospital :)

4. Alex Senkowski
      Tolerant

Alex Senkowski Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Going cold turkey off any drug is never a good idea. You need to taper gradually. I also take Remeron for sleep at just 5mg.

5. fedup

fedup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection and earphone use
      That drug had the opposite effect on me . It made my T FAR FAR worse .

6. hartje5
      Wishful

hartje5 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4 december 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Verapamil, Flecainide, Apixaban, stress
      30 mg of Mirtazapine here. Makes no difference to my T. (I think) but makes me sleep 7-8 hours and that is worth a lot. Gained weight though....

7. Christian82

Christian82 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2014
      Yeah maybe its seems louder because of the low mood.. because thing turd to a good side around the same time i started the drug makes me think.