Moderate Tinnitus Worsened by Surgery Injury

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bindy, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Bindy

Bindy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello everyone; I am new to this forum. It is good to share and feel less isolated as trying to get people to understand that have never been through this is both frustrating and tiresome.

So...moderate tinnitus for a few years recently without hearing loss. Had this 30 years ago and was treated with tube inserts (I know, not atypical of a possible treatment) which actually worked then.

Decided to repeat this, with the same Dr (still practicing - HUGE mistake).
      Long story short: right ear tube ok, he slipped with the left one as it went in crookedly, then re-adjusted (I was under local anesthetic) and my ear “popped” closed. Immediate fullness, loss of hearing and intensified ringing. Had it taken out and left with a huge hole which won’t heal. I have gone through CT’s, massive steroid Prednisone protocol due to inner ear fluid and infection. He may have damaged either one of the ossicles (one attaches to back of eardrum) or even one of the “round windows”.

Have to have 3 hour surgery to close the ear and while it’s open, surgeon will check other areas of possible concern (this is a top gun ENT I researched and found away from locale of 1st guy). He cited surgical injury to me after he looked in there. I figured to go out of town as this whole ENT thing seems like an “old boys club” sometimes where they all cover each other’s butts.

Once I have surgical report, the butcher who did this will be sued by me.
      The humming, pressure and “herd of crickets” sounds are sometimes deafening. There is no 100% assurance that this will go away once surgery done, in fact, it may worsen. I have no choice as the hole remains wide open. The size is at least double than that of a eartube diameter and has not changed/healed at all in 6 months.

Advice to all: DO NOT ever get tubes for possible option to decrease tinnitus, and for any procedure, research the crap out of the Dr you’re seeing. The guy who did this to me has had the Board of Health in there due to dirty instruments. I am currently waiting for test results for Hep B, Hep C and HIV as required by Board of Health. Thank-you for reading and I am happy to have a forum to read/share with.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bindy

Bindy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Wow - Thank-You for that. I hope this is indeed what happens. Until then, the gifts I have learned are endurance and patience.

• Like Like x 1