More Than Annoyed by Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by rachaelhf, Sep 8, 2016.

1. rachaelhf

rachaelhf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi there so I've been dealing with this for a couple years. I think I've had it for a long time but it just got worse its hard to tell what was normal.... I also started getting vertigo around the same time has anyone else experienced that? I can't tollerate certian noises and my left ear is very sensitive to temperature and things like a fan blowing. my husband of course thinks I'm just being difficult so its very frustrating for me to constantly have to defend myself. went to an ENT and everything is "normal" this has caused me a lot of anxiety ugh I don't know what to do.

2. PrizeFighter23

PrizeFighter23 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I'm sorry you're having these issues recently :(.

Have you had an MRI, just to rule out anything serious? It might just help to give you some more peace of mind.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      ,@rachaelhf ,
      Like @PrizeFighter23 says a MIT is good to have.
      For the vertigo you can get medication to help it and a manouver to help he/she can show to you to help....lots of love glynis

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Did your ENT rule out Meniere's for your vertigo and tinnitus? If your vertigo is not from it, then perhaps this exercise may help you. This exercise created by a lady MD has helped me but may or may not help you if your type of vertigo is from Meniere's. I did the exercise twice and it healed my BBPV type of vertigo. It never hurts to try it. Here is the link:

Dr Carol Foster - Half Somersault Maneuver -...

You may have some level of hyperacusis if even fan blowing is hurtful. I had severe H too besides my ultra high pitch T. But over time, H just faded as in the case of many members. So be patient with T. Try to protect from loud noises but not the normal sounds. The ears will take some time to settle for H to fade.T & H combined can be tough but bad time will pass. A few years back I was in a mess with them both. But now I live a normal, productive and absolutely enjoyable life. So keep up the faith things will be better. Here is my success story with some helpful strategies. Check it out if you have time. Be patient. Take care. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/from-darkness-to-light-how-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

5. esthermorgan1

esthermorgan1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My disability provider won’t acknowledge my tinnitus as a disability but will acknowledge the depression/anxiety. Well the tinnitus enhances the depression/anxiety. Why is the Military being acknowledging for the tinnitus and not civilians?

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Because the military tinnitus sufferers push harder and it is kinda hard for the government to deny that a soldier was in an explosion or a 4 hour gun battle and it didn't hurt their ears. In the civilian world, there would be a ton of spongers claiming they got it to get benefits and they are too afraid to allow us to make such a claim.