Morse Code Type of Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Suzerman, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Suzerman

Suzerman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10 october 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably a mix of ETD and TMJ
      For a few weeks I have been hearing a very soft morse code type like sound in my ear. It seems to come and go because I don't hear it all the time.

It is almost inaudible, but can definitely hear it when I plug my ears, and sometimes even without plugging my ears if I focus on it.

Right now I'm dealing with flu and a sinus infection so I'm hoping that might be the reason it seems to have flared up a little bit, but I do find this a bit worrying because of the weird nature of the sound.

Right now I'm trying not to freak out about it because for now its still an acceptable volume, but I do worry for it getting louder because it seems to be an impossible sound to habituate to in case that would happen.

Is anyone familiar with this type of sound? And what is most often the cause of it? Can it be permanent?

It also kind of started with exercising. Doing stuff such as Pilates. Could that have been a trigger?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. another sean
      Studious

another sean Member Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Long duration of low audio
      I got it at one point, also. It never got louder and didn't happen all the time and eventually went away so hopefully your will, too. :)

3. iGL0CK
      Thinking

iGL0CK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (punk rock show)
      I hear 'morse code' almost always when I've got flu and sometimes after exercise or sleep. In my case is from sinus problems I think. I've got often clogged ears and I feel pressure after exercising (just like when I have a cold).
      I'm pretty sure your will go away finally, just give it some time :) maybe try nasal spray or irrigation

• Like Like x 1
    4. Fally
      Bookworm

Fally Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6 years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      no sure
      I have morse code had it for years, just quietly in the background. Not sure what causes it. I would rather here that now then the pure tone i have that now goes over it.

5. LostOutWest
      Not amused

LostOutWest Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      hey there Suzerman- wanted to see how the Morse Code situation has evolved one year later. I’m experiencing Morse code tinnitus and it’s driving me nuts. Really hoping your subsided to give me some hope.

Faint little wobbly Morse code sound at 1000hz in my right ear is really bugging me!!!

6. astaff14

astaff14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Earwax/Botched Irrigation/Noise Trauma
      Hey, I had a weird Morse code sound randomly for a while and it got to where I could only hear it if I plugged my ears and now I don't register it at all even after a noise trauma. I hope that happens for you too and that it eases for you soon.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    7. LostOutWest
      Not amused

LostOutWest Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks for the positive reply!