Mother-of-Two Dies After Snorting Cocaine Every Day to Treat Her Tinnitus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ecip, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
    2. nimx

nimx Member

Sorry for her :( But it's another story of bad treatment/management, not another story of bad tinnitus. Panick attacks (depression I guess), cocaine, alchool, tinnitus... T doesn't sound like her only major issue, maybe therapy and an antidepressant would have been a much better choice. Even if her T would have gone, depression and specially cocaine addiction (14 years!) is nothing that would have cleared up by itself in any case. And sure her addiction and depression made her T much more unbearable (except the temporary relief given by alchool and drugs), not better. I know it's not her fault but desperation's fault, but it must be clear that emotional disturbance goes hand in hand with T, if you can't find a way to lessen T directly, there are proven ways to improve emotional health, and also proven ways to deteriorate it (addiction is one of them).

• Agree Agree x 4
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Yes I read it also and sent it Markku who put it on the tinnitus hub.
      Very sad and thinking of her family at this devastating time.
      I wish see had found us on here for support too....lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      Very sad that this lady who suffered for some time with tinnitus has died through drug related problems. Would she have been alive today if she didn't have tinnitus. Who knows!! At the end of the day it's the drug addiction that killed her and not the tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. Vinnitus
      Tired

Vinnitus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      28/04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It might have been the drug addiction that killed her. Without the Tinnitus she might however never have become a drug-user in the first place. Tinnitus can make people do things they never would have done without it. The utter desperation, the loneliness and the isolation you feel and on top of that the cluelessness of doctors in this matter, makes people try anything to just get at least some relief.

I totally understand the decisions this woman made. I totally understand the thought-processes behind it, because I know these feelings of desperation far too well as a T sufferer. You have to be very strong not to try things you would not do without it. Rational thinking has kept me off drugs so far, but I understand some people are not so strong and go there in hopes for relief.

It's a sad story, but we simply cannot exclude nor deny Tinnitus might have a vital role in her going this far. I've seen and heard about far too many formerly optimistic people turning into wrecks after acquiring this condition.

Much strength to her family for this loss.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Genius Genius x 1
    6. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Neck injury (Tendonitis @ trap/SCM junction)
    7. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @The Red Viper A very sad case and such a fine looking woman. It is only people that have no idea the lengths that tinntus can drive a person to, that say the condition is not life threatening. Whilst tinnitus in itself is not life threatening, these uninformed individuals, don't understand what it can do to a person's state of mind which makes them do such things, or even go to further lengths to rid themselves of noise they have to live with.
      Michael

• Agree Agree x 3
    8. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I was so sad to read it when my friend sent it me and passed it on to Markku .
      I really know how bad it gets as been their myself and was tough going even for me .
      I wonder if we could have saved her if had been on this forum....the poor girl...lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I fully agree with you Richard. However, she turned to the drugs to get relief and cope with the tinnitus but I don't agree with her methods, but when people are desperate who knows what they will do.

• Agree Agree x 3
    10. stacey
      Bookworm

stacey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/15/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This is beyond sad.... :( The things we are willing to do to even get a bit of relief