Motrin for Ear Pain?

Discussion in 'Support' started by stacey, May 20, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. stacey
      Bookworm

stacey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/15/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hey everyone,

Whenever I have really intense pain(hyperacusis) from a loud event the ear ache can last a while. When the pain becomes completely unbearable I take a motrin to calm the pain a bit, does anyone else take a pain killer when the pain from H is intense? I know its not good to become reliant on painkiller but it provides a bit of relief from the earache. If anyone takes anything else when in too much pain let me know what it is.

2. bill 112
      Studious

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I take Solpadol(codeine+Paracetomol combo)and it does the trick.I noticed that when my ear gets stuffy or hot an anti-inflammatory makes it completely disappear but of course they're Ototoxic so I have to avoid them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. stacey
      Bookworm

stacey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/15/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @bill 112 I think thats why motrin works for me because its anti-inflammatory, but the fact that they're ototoxic terrifies me, avoiding them is so hard when the pain is so intense.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. bill 112
      Studious

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      You can take them but just be careful,be aware of any hearing changes and if you notice any stop immediately.I took Ibuprofen for at least 3 weeks and it basically cured my H with no negative effects.But of course everybody's different so just be careful.

5. stacey
      Bookworm

stacey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/15/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @bill 112 woww your extremely lucky that your H got cured with ibuprofen, I think with me would be the opposite. Your right everybody's different. So loud sounds doesn't hurt you at at all anymore?