MRI Results In

Discussion in 'Support' started by Colgate, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Colgate

Colgate Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Started with tinnitus about 5-6 weeks ago after days of having sinus headache under eyes and clogged right ear. On strong course of prednisone now, about half-way through. Had MRI w/ and w/out contrast last week. Looked at online report and all looks normal except for minimal fluid in right maxillary sinus. My right ear is clogged a lot and that's where I hear most tinnitus, but also hear it in left ear.

I watched the Dr. Mandell YouTube video posted on the Eustachian Tube Dysfucntion thread and last night I gave myself the royal treatment with the Neti Pot, blowing my nose, doing the hold nostrils closed and trying to blow air through nose to open the tubes. The left tube opens but the right is stubborn. Today I was able to get it to open a bit and those tricks did seem to help. I am also using the nasal saline spray.

So I'm curious if the tinnitus could go away if it is related to allergies/fluid and is 'minimal fluid' in the sinus enough to cause all of this? Hearing test showed hearing loss in both ears, mostly in the right and only one high pitch range in the left. The ENT said possible sensorineural hearing loss. That scares me. Can it be temporary?

I also just watched a TEDTalk by a researcher at Georgetown University Medical Center in Washington, DC, USA, He mentioned that stress exacerbates tinnitus and when the stressor goes away the T can fade/go away in some people. All this I suppose depends on the cause. I didn't have a loud noise exposure so all I can think of is that the tinnitus is related to whatever is going on in my sinuses. Does this make sense? Thoughts? I really appreciate your comments/insights. Thanks!

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I think, you have a good chance to make, improvements. There are no guarantees and we are not doctors here :)

Wish you the best of luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Most people who get tinnitus seem to get "cured" just naturally. So, it does seem possible that is can go away.

@Bill Bauer wrote the following post discussing studies that show a fairly high recovery rate from tinnitus ( https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/spontaneous-recovery-stats-over-70-recover-3-studies.21441/ )

It is possible. Keep in mind, I am not a doctor, nor do I have any training that would allow me to make such a statement with any certainty. That being said, there are many causes for tinnitus, but according to a quick google search (http://palmbeachsinus.com/sinus-infection-cause-tinnitus/) it does seem that tinnitus can be related to sinus troubles. From that article:

"In most situations, these symptoms disappear when the infection is treated and the pressure lessens."​

In your case, I hope this is true.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Amy2017

Amy2017 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi everyone nice to meet you all.

Could anyone help me please for good while now my left ear has felt it won't ever pop. And I have ear fullness to on and off along with a numb feeling almost I have had mri and mra of the ears and head and awaiting a ct scan of the blood vessels. I have had camera to the back of my nose.

All different hear tests for hearing and a pressure test numerous of times and a sound sensitive one which is normal even though just switching the light switch on is sensitive in my left ear which is always blocked I have ringing only at night when I lie down and a pulsating when I lie down to.

Does anyone else feel like this or experienced it in the past I would appreciate some advice has I have really gotten myself into a stressed state lately and I don't know how to carry on like it anymore my ears almost he tubes feels so strange to. I can't explain when I put my finger it my left ear it helps I don't get the noise sensitivity and my ear tubes feel normal.

For that moment but I can't walk around with my fingers in my hears all day can I hahahah thanks for just reading I'm sorry you are all suffering.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Colgate

Colgate Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Glad to hear that your tinnitus only happens when you lie down. That makes me think it could be associated with a mechanical issue with your Eustachisan Tube that causes it from positioning. I would be hopeful--please know I am not a medical professional.

My situation is a little different--my right ear is clogged on and off and that ear won't pop either, usually, although I have a had a couple cases where it is trying. I read a post with a link to a Dr. Alan Mandell (a chiropractor) talk on Eustachian Tube Dysfunction and Tinnitus. He had the condition and he describes simple remedies to provide relief. I have found that some of this is helping a little, but he cautions to be patient as it isn't instant. I am using the neti pot however I ordered the facial steamer that he uses.
      How to Cure Tinnitus Linked to Eustachian Tube...

I notice that by the late afternoon and evening that I am more congested, that I need to blow my nose but it doesn't seem to be enough. My take from reading is that my Eustachian Tube in that right ear is not working right because of allergies, or whatever other reason that might cause mucous or swelling. ENT doesn't see fluid, the MRI showed 'minimal fluid in the right maxillary sinus' which I think has something to do with it.

My ENT thinks I have sensio-neural hearing loss, which is sudden and could be a part of aging, although I am only in my mid-50s (I guess I AM getting old). The hearing test showed some hearing loss in both ears, mostly in the right ear, which makes sesne since that is where I feel the clog. I might be in denial I have sensio-neural hearing loss b/c I don't think that having all the congestion and the early sinus pressure, etc., is not part of all of this.

To give you hope, consider watching Andrew Weil, M.D.'s talk on Spontaneous Healing. I posted in Success Stories about how reading his book by the same name and doing the techniques resulted in a spontaneous healing of an eye condition I had for about 5 months that marveled doctors. I believe we can heal:
      Dr. Andrew Weil's Spontaneous Healing

Take good care!