Music Just Doesn't Feel the Same After My Monthly Internship

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mortzcent, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Mortzcent
      Artistic

Mortzcent Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      So, I don't actually have tinnitus (well, maybe I do but it's almost unnoticeable and haven't bothered diagnosing it) but I haven't seen hearing loss subforum here but I just need to vent otherwise I am going to throw nearest chair out of a window...

A month ago I went to an internship in Portugal. I originally didn't want to but they offered a little money and i need it for piano and since i am in high school and i don't work i thought i might as well go. One of the reasons i didn't want to go was because i didn't want to put my hearing at risk and boy i do regret it now... I don't even have big hearing loss but still...

The first thing i did after i came back was immediately turning on music on my audio system and shortly after few tracks i noticed the difference. The music now just feels like it got worse: one thing i noticed is that bass frequencies don't have that oompf the used to have (i had that feeling on my right ear before but my left ear was ok), the other one i honestly can't even explain - it just feels less lively, like its a little bit far away, like there was some barrier and also less bright.

I remember sitting on a plane and when we started taking height and when my air pressure in ears started changing it just was the worst feeling ever, i don't think i will ever fly a plane again in my life. Just the whole feeling of hearing changing got me into panic.

Before going for internship i had ear pain and was taking pills for it (otolaryngologist didn't tell me what, I assumed it was ear infection) . It calmed down before internship but few hours after i arrived in Portugal it started again. I apparently had vertigo (with ear pain) after visiting otolaryngologist there he told me that i ll need to see doctor in Poland and that loss of frequencies is related to taking drugs for it (named betahistine dihydrochloridum) and that i need to see doctor in Poland.

Music just feels like it just instantly downgraded and its huge letdown for me and it makes me wish that all of this was a placebo (maybe it is, who knows). I feel a lot less motivated now to produce music and really do music anything...

I tried clearing my ears twice and nothing, i ll see doctor probably after new year but i don't have hope for it at all

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Why are you waiting that long to see the doctor? Some treatments need to be administered very quickly, especially if you feel like you've lost hearing.
      I would take this with a sense of urgency, if I were in your shoes.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mortzcent
      Artistic

Mortzcent Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2015?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      I asked my mom about this but she told that i most likely will be appointed on new year. The healthcare here is underwhelming and queues long so i am not suprised by that.

4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Perhaps you could be a bit pushy and explain that it's an emergency?
      Show this to anyone who isn't listening. In particular, this part:
      Sudden sensorineural hearing loss (SSHL), commonly known as sudden deafness, occurs as an unexplained, rapid loss of hearing—usually in one ear—either at once or over several days. It should be considered a medical emergency.​

• Agree Agree x 1