Musical Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sweet Caroline, Oct 3, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Sweet Caroline
      Angelic

Sweet Caroline Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello,
      I have had tinnitus for about twelve years. It progressed from distant ringing on a rainy day to the 'horro' that it is now. I'm glad to have found a place to vent. The Doctors say there is nothing they can do. I've tried all the masking and it seems to be louder than any of them.

I have musical tinnitus now. I was never exposed to loud music, but, am a musician. I played the organ in church and I think it is tied in with that somehow. I hear up and down up and down the scales with a drumbeat that sounds like a washing machine keeping time. A slapping noise. I think it could drive a person over the edge without the help of God.

I don't know if I am doing this entry properly, so I will end, and submit it. Thank you all for being here.

Attached Files:

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. undecided
      Fine

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Well, musical tinnitus is treatable with Seroquel.
      There is a study out there on the internets involving two individuals with the same problem - they had an excellent outcome with that drug. I'll be damned if I can find it though, seems to have disappeared o_O

Edit: having musical tinnitus sounds like a lot better than the usual hissing, ringing etc. I think I'd definitely prefer it. Maybe a loop of "Hysteria" by Def Leppard and "I Surrender" by Rainbow would be much better than my current condition... Just saying...

3. Sweet Caroline
      Angelic

Sweet Caroline Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thank you. I will look up Seroquel. I appreciate your note.