Musical Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sweet Caroline, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Sweet Caroline
      Angelic

Sweet Caroline Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello,
      I have had tinnitus for about twelve years. It progressed from distant ringing on a rainy day to the 'horro' that it is now. I'm glad to have found a place to vent. The Doctors say there is nothing they can do. I've tried all the masking and it seems to be louder than any of them.

I have musical tinnitus now. I was never exposed to loud music, but, am a musician. I played the organ in church and I think it is tied in with that somehow. I hear up and down up and down the scales with a drumbeat that sounds like a washing machine keeping time. A slapping noise. I think it could drive a person over the edge without the help of God.

I don't know if I am doing this entry properly, so I will end, and submit it. Thank you all for being here.

Attached Files:

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. undecided
      Fine

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      Well, musical tinnitus is treatable with Seroquel.
      There is a study out there on the internets involving two individuals with the same problem - they had an excellent outcome with that drug. I'll be damned if I can find it though, seems to have disappeared o_O

Edit: having musical tinnitus sounds like a lot better than the usual hissing, ringing etc. I think I'd definitely prefer it. Maybe a loop of "Hysteria" by Def Leppard and "I Surrender" by Rainbow would be much better than my current condition... Just saying...

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sweet Caroline
      Angelic

Sweet Caroline Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thank you. I will look up Seroquel. I appreciate your note.