Musician and Meditator Struggling for the Last Year

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MisticRayn, Oct 4, 2019.

1. MisticRayn

MisticRayn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meloxicam possibly
      Hi all. I’ve been reading this forum for a few months now and decided to join today. I’m currently going through my second round of FMD hoping for the neurogenesis to kick in and get rid of this tinnitus but it’s worse today than usual.

My whole life, I protected my hearing. Ear plugs everywhere or even napkins if I had nothing else. I have an advanced degree is music. I never take any kind of drugs or pills and always avoided nsaids even. Last December, I got tendinitis in my ankle. The doctor prescribed meloxicam and I had a violent initial reaction to taking it but got the whole “doctor knows what he’s doing” speech. So I took it for eight days. The ringing hasn’t stopped since except once while doing a long session of yoga. It’s been ten months now and tinnitus regularly wakes me. I told the doctor but he snickered and said “hmm that’s a funny little side effect”. I wonder if he knows that I haven’t found it funny at all when I’ve been in tears, wondering if this will be the rest of my life. I hate him but then I blame myself for not following my intuition.

It’s really bad in my right ear. My left ear is extremely faint if it’s even there at all. I have tried magnesium, chiropractor, healing Tibetan massage with a Buddhist lama, more magnesium, and I’m now in my second round of fasting. I’m also pursuing body work to see if my jaw is off due to walking in a boot for weeks.

I’m angry with the doctor and I’m angry that pill companies make money injuring people. Those pills made me sicker than I’d been in a long time with a debilitating headache for two days as soon as I stopped. My natural healer said I damaged my liver. And now I have tinnitus.

Still hoping to find a fix tho.

• Hug Hug x 5
    2. Josdela
      Curious

Josdela Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nihl
      Hello, there are doctors who can be very insensitive, pitifully many do not feel empathy and see tinnitus as if it were not a big deal, the worst there are people who treat you dumb, "get used to it", "there are people in worse situations", belittling your pain as if you were nothing, Welcome to the ship, science is moving somewhat slow but relief will come.

3. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      I really feel for you!

Your story sounds a lot like my own in many ways. To get tinnitus from medication sucks big time.
      I, too, was too trusting in my doctor. And now I wonder what the rest of my life holds for me. It has changed so much in the space of only 3-4 months. Tinnitus is such a lonely condition.

Never again see the doctor who snickered.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MisticRayn

MisticRayn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meloxicam possibly
      Definitely not. I wrote a letter to him but haven’t sent it. The day I tried, all my envelopes were mysteriously sealed shut so I took it as a sign. But I can still see his smarmy face. He barely looked at me. And just kept saying “oh yeah?” When I told him his staff didn’t offer the best care. He was so highly recommended. I just wish I could go back in time.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. daiso

daiso Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This is the worst possible sin doctors and drug companies can commit, by giving potential life long suffering for profits or 'I know what I'm doing' attitude. Worst yet, doctors who don't even correct themselves after patients complained about side effects. I'm going to say this and i really mean it, I wish T upon all these fuckers, not only do they deserve this, but more importantly, it should discourage them from giving out dangerous pills like candies and hurting people.

6. all to gain
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      They are afraid of getting sued, but also they don't believe they did anything wrong. How could "my" actions have possibly led to the patients tinnitus?
      I don't know where you are in the world, but you can complete a form giving the doctor's name that allows you to report side effects. It won't make the tinnitus go away though!! I filled one in online, and my doctor will get a copy.

I think about going back in time every day! Reality sucks.

7. all to gain
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      • Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MisticRayn

MisticRayn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meloxicam possibly
      I’m in the US. I wasn’t aware I could. Do you do that through the hospital or the drug?

9. all to gain
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      I don't know how it works in the US. There will be some way that you can report reactions to drugs though @Lane.