My Battle with Tinnitus Was Over

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Rick Garner, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Luman
      Tired

Luman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      That is great news, congratulations! Your English is perfect and your coherence is fine.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rick Garner
      Fine

Rick Garner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/ 2016 (T free since mid March 2017) 
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD (most probably)
      Nope, my tinnitus was totally non-reactive. I was never affected by food, drinks, movies, traffic in the streets etc.. I had only one sound starting from month no. 3. That was hissing , and it continued another 2 and a half months and eventually stopped.

3. dorje
      Transparent

dorje Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, might be ENT
      That makes me think whether my T is really caused by ETD. I mean mine is kind of highly reactive, it's worse when I work or when I meet my friends in loud places. But it also settles down very quickly or when I'm in quiet places it stays vey quiet too.

But, having said that, after two months of using nasal spray (now I use same brand as you - Nasonex :) ) my T is much quieter, when I drink water in the morning my ear doesn't feel full anymore, and when I do vasalva manoeuvre my eardrum after popping out it goes back to normal pretty often, which it wasn't be able to do before. Also my GP told me it looks ok now.

Anyway, after two months of waiting I'm finally going to see ENT on Tuesday 20th this month, let's see what he/she says. Any tips what I could ask for, I mean some special test regarding my symptoms?

• Like Like x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Rick Garner
      Fine

Rick Garner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/ 2016 (T free since mid March 2017) 
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD (most probably)
      Hi dorje,

I have no idea why your tinnitus is reactive to sound. Usually noise induced tinnitus sufferers are afraid of loud places. That said, looks like you are on the right track to recovery. Keep going and I think after about 6 months, your tinnitus will start to lose its grip, and you will fell much better. As for the ENT visit, you can suggest him to do a tympanogram to check if your inner ear pressure is normal. Good luck with the battle!

• Like Like x 2
    5. dorje
      Transparent

dorje Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, might be ENT
      Thank you, will do ask for it. I’ll keep you guys updated. Btw. I’ve got my visit on 27th this month, not 20th, my mistake.

6. Rogerde2018
      Alone

Rogerde2018 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Etd
      Rick, I would like to do what you did about the 20-30 times the valsalva but with the otovent ballon, however I’m a little bit afraid about damaging something else. Can you give me some feedback? Thank you

7. monkey legs

monkey legs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear injury (paintball)
      My Ear tubes seem to be clear according to the ENT and audiologist. I think my ear pain my be down to jaw joint problems which can seem like you have an ear problem. Ive never had an ear infection, which can be associated with ETD. My ear pressure exam was also normal.

The search goes on.

8. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, Ear Infection, Medication... Who knows?
      My ears had fluid behind my eardrum and I was prescribed nasonex today to help dry it up and an allergy tablet so I'm hoping mine will lower in volume.ive had my tinnitus for over 5 years so hoping its allergy related but not getting Hope's up.right now my tinnitus is very loud throughout my whole head and I used nasal spray earlier.i also have hearing loss as well.but if I can get it to lower somewhat that would make me happy.

9. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Has anyone here had their ETD issues go away?