My Ear Decided to Stop Ringing for One Day — Why Did It Come Back the Next Day?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Andy9214, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Andy9214

Andy9214 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/16/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing test
      After about a month of nonstop ringing and misery, my ear decided to stop ringing for one day. I enjoyed it a little too much and woke up today with everything back to how it was previously.

Can this be explained? Why can it go 24/7 without relief then one day just gone and back to normal the next?

On top, I can’t stop thinking about the ringing and it’s becoming such a burden on my everyday life. Can’t focus at work, talk to friends and as they’re talking all I can listen to is the ringing. It’s the first thing I hear when I open my eyes...

What do you guys do to cope and ignore it? White noise doesn’t really seem to do much for me. My PCP is encouraging to take Paxil and is guaranteeing that in a week or two the symptoms of tinnitu will reduce dramatically. I’m just nervous of the side effects (and more tinnitus) as a reaction to it.

I’ve been so upset that my entire body aches.

Suggestions? Thanks all!

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Try turmeric or curcumin and see if that helps. Make sure to take it at dinner and get 8 hours of sleep if possible. Also don't use a loud masker or fan if possible. I recommend that.