My ENT Did Not Care...

Discussion in 'Support' started by leelo, May 30, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      I wish i never went to my ent. I told him about my issues he did not care just stick something painful in my ear to clean the wax, wash it with water and that was it. Prescribe me something i really dont want to take....when i ask him what to do if it never goes he brush it off. Saying go listen to some music. :/ i wish i never went i hold back tears that whole time sigh crying as i type this plzzz i need some support

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      This attitude is not unusual from ENTs, but please do not worry. Your tinnitus is new and will probably go away on its own. If not, there's lots of things you can do for it and you will adjust and be fine. Really!:) I know this doesn't seem possible right now, and I am sorry you were treated so poorly. But you will get better and we're all here to help you.

What drugs did your doctor prescribe? Something to sleep, perhaps? Getting a good night's sleep is one of the most important things you can do with tinnitus. I'll give you a reference to some discussions on sleep below. And please I know your doctor said to "go listen to some music." But this advice is incomplete and could be dangerous. Your doctor probably meant you should keep yourself distracted by listening to music. Well, that can help. So too can listening to nature sounds that may better distract you if they blend in with your tinnitus. But whatever you do, don't listen too loudly. Or listen too anything loudly. You need to give your ears a rest so they can hear.

There's lots of good information on the site. But I would start with ideas on sleeping with tinnitus and keeping some type of sounds on in the background (not loudly) that may help distract you and blend in with your noise.

Here's a reference to mobile apps you can play on your smart phone that might help you mask you tinnitus. There's also an excellent masker on this site on the home page.

Here's some posts on sleeping with tinnitus:

Take care. I know others will also help you. You are not alone!:)

3. Leah

Leah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      We look forward to these appointments and then leave disappointed . Look around these forums, full of wonderful advice. Ask any questions and someone will answer. Take care.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. Jeff M.
      Cowabunga

Jeff M. Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct. 2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic
      Hey leelo! So sorry to hear you are suffering!! :( You are not alone with your tinnitus ("T"), and not alone with having a really lame experience with an ENT!!! When I first started experiencing T I saw 4 different ENT's seeking help and advice. I got basically the same treatment from ALL 4!!! "Nothing I can do for you" is all I kept hearing (except for the T!!) !! I have heard from some folks here on TT that they had an OK experience with ENT docs, but vast majority did not!

I am glad you found us here on TT!! You WILL be heard here and you WILL find wonderful support and a ton of solid information about treatments/therapies and a bunch more!! Hang in there and spend some time exploring many of the really helpful threads on this forum. (y) Post often and welcome to our community :welcomesignanimation:! Here on TT, WE GET IT!

I wish you find relief and peace soon!!

• Like Like x 1
    5. Denny

Denny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2013
      Many ent's don't comprehend the state of mind a person is in when the first get tinnitus
      Many people wait weeks in despair. For insurance to authorize it and travel great distances
      To hear get use to it. This first visit also discourages follow up, thank God for forums and
      The compassionate and dedicated people devouting their time to helping others.

• Like Like x 1
    6. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      Thank you for the great welcome and support. I really needed it and i will probably be a regular now.;):rockingbanana:
      But i probably will never go to an ent again. I just will learn to deal with it cause thats the worst i felt in a while. But my grammy encourage me and told me how it can always be worss and i will conquer this. THANK GOD for gram gram and youll at this forum cause i would feel soo alone in this situation

• Like Like x 1
    7. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      Yeah Thank God is correct but that will be my last experience with an ent and i will count on this forum for help and other sources :)

8. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      I shall be looking forward to getting to know everyone and going through this together thank you for the responr:huganimation:

• Like Like x 2
    9. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      Thank you.!! Great information and he perscribe me a nose spray and i think and antibiotic. Strangely sleep is not a real problem for me so far... but i really appreciat how youll are helping me out. I wish youll the best with your T :huganimation::beeranimation:

10. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids
      leelo
      I only read the first sentence of your post ('I wish I never went to my ent') and had to give you a hug :). I so know what you mean!

I actually need to go back to my ENT for an issue (other than T); even though he's a nice guy, he gave me the same 'whatever' attitude -- my jaw hit the floor; I was crushed. I'll never forget it.

This time, I'm going to kindly enlighten him of some helpful basics when someone is suffering the onset of T. For starters, I'm going to let him know about this site and I'm going to leave him my contact info to pass to someone who is really struggling.

No one should have to suffer the crap we have...at least not alone.

Prayers!

Mark

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    11. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      Sigh i dont know why they do that but i think they do that because most people have mild tinnitus so thy brush it off thanks for the hug and prayers! I will be praying for you mark :)

12. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      Most ENTs are utter %%#*$%. Don't bother.

• Agree Agree x 1
    13. leelo
      Pacman

leelo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/2014
      Loll I know right. never again.