My ENT Said I Got Ear Eczema!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Poyraz, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzos, Stress, Anxiety, Loud Music, Jaw Problems. Who knows
      Today I have seen my 4th ENT and I can honestly say that he is really educated in tinnitus which is a big surprise for me. My itching in left ear (this is where my tinnitus is) is actually eczema and he was very surprised the last 3 ENTs have never told me so. He prescribed me ear oil (Econol).

I have two questions:

1) Is this oil ototoxic to ears?
      2) Can ear eczema be a cause of tinnitus?

2. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      It isn't an answer to your question, but it is known in Meniere's disease that inflammation of the middle ear membrane is evident on visualization. Eczema is basically inflammation, but, unless your ENT somehow looked beyond your eardrum you can't know how deep it may go, and from your posts you don't have Meniere's anyway. Very unlikely to be anything more than a bit of local inflammation of the external ear canal which would have nothing to do with your tinnitus.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzos, Stress, Anxiety, Loud Music, Jaw Problems. Who knows
      Thank you for the answers. I think it is not related to my tinnitus but I think this may show that I'm allergic to something I don"t know. I have never ever had eczema before but now I have both tinnitus and eczema. What a blessing it would be if I could treat both of them!

4. hurtingdream

hurtingdream Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2002. Became worse 11/29/2015.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      I went to the ENT and he said I have eczema in both ears. He told me I can use mineral oil but I'm nervous because I never put anything in my ears.

What else can I do for the eczema? Can it go away on its own?