My ENT Said I Got Ear Eczema!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Poyraz, Apr 5, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzos, Stress, Anxiety, Loud Music, Jaw Problems. Who knows
      Today I have seen my 4th ENT and I can honestly say that he is really educated in Tinnitus which is a big surprise for me. My itching in left ear(this is where my T is) is actually eczema and he was very surprised the last 3 ENTs have never told me so. He prescribed me ear oil (Econol). I have two questions:
      1) Is this oil ototoxic to ears?
      2) Can ear eczema be a cause of Tinnitus?

2. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      It isn't an answer to your question, but it is known in Menierres disease that inflammation of the middle ear membrane is evident on visualization. Eczema is basically inflammation, but, unless your ENT somehow looked beyond your eardrum you can't know how deep it may go, and from your posts you don't have Menierres anyway. Very unlikely to be anything more than a bit of local inflammation of the external ear canal which would have nothing to do with your tinnitus.

3. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Antihistamines should help with the itch and ear drops .....lots of love glynis

4. Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzos, Stress, Anxiety, Loud Music, Jaw Problems. Who knows
      Thank you guys for the answers. I think it is not related to my T but I think this may show that I'm allergic to something I don"t know. I have never ever eczema before but now I have these both T and eczema thing. What a blessing would it be if I can treat both of them!

5. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Know how you feel.
      I have multiple allergies as a asthmatic and my ears and back of my throat itch like hell through pollen season if don't take antihistamines ....don't be tempted get the cotton buds out and poke them as I've done in the past ...... lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      Oh Glynnis....who hasn't? A satisfyingly stained cotton bud is one of the secret small pleasures of life. Sometimes it even feels like a win against the demons of dirt.

• Funny Funny x 2