My First Post

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ian cliffe, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Ian cliffe
      Balanced

Ian cliffe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi everyone, This is my first time on tinnitus talk, and will tell you a little bit about my tinnitus and whats been happening.

I started with tinnitus in december 2015 (xmas eve ) just woke up with it in the morning without any warning. I had high pitched whistling in my right ear and was very distressed all xmas, i went to the doctors 4 times over the xmas period in desperation which was a waist of time, but they did refer me to the ent.

I saw several consultants over 2016 and was told by two of them there was nothing we can do for you and to keep calm, easy for them to say.

It did settle down a bit as i started to get used to the constant buzzing. But i was starting to suffer from depression, and by may 2016 was getting other sounds, i started with a constant low hum in my left ear which i still have, i also get pulsate tinnitus which started in october 2016. I am up and down some days its not to bad then other days my head is ringing so loud.

I started seeing a private couselor in october which did help alot but there is only so much he can do. I have felt better recently but for some reason my tinnitus is bad again.

I see a doctor at the e.n.t. next week hopefully he will give me a in ear noise masker, fingers crossed.

2. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Ian,

Welcome aboard!

Interesting how your tinnitus started for no reason as you said. Were you exposed to noise pollution, taking medication, stressed, or experienced a traumatic event?

It's a good idea to go to the ENT. Make sure he checks your hearing as well so you know where you stand.

Nevertheless, this site is an invaluable resource for all things tinnitus. Take some time to check it out! Good luck!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ian cliffe
      Balanced

Ian cliffe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi mikel1972, Thanks for the welcome, I have had a ongoing illness for the last 6 years, and have been taking lots of medication steriods mainly, and also lost my sister and dad a couple of years ago, and it did hit me hard. So yes i suppose you could say it was traumatic, especially the last 2 years. Has regards to the ent i have seen them about 4 times last year, i had a hearing test and apart from very slight high end hearing loss, the consultant said it is quite good for my age, everything was ok, i also had a mri scan which came back ok, i have a appointment next week so will see what the outcome of that will be, all the best Ian.

4. Txchl

Txchl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Had it my whole life. I'd run through the house at age 5. It was called night terrors then. I had sinus problems early. Ringing or rather the high-pitched whine. I've never tried to find out the frequency, but if there's a website to determine that I'd go there to record for a report here. I've tried the oils and pills advertised here and there and the sound trial program I found on the web was a bust. I have two guesses about why I have it. My hearing is very good. Hearing my heartbeat in the early morning quiet is not uncomfortable or anything like that is just extant. I think I just hear a constant flow of liquids in my ears could be the reason, though there's no rhythmic pumping by my heart. I'm really clueless and can hear it all the time. Even when in a noisy atmosphere. Hardly notice it until I think about it during a slack time watching tv or reading. It's NOT a maddening whine.