My First Thread. Need Some Answers.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by TJohns, Feb 23, 2016.

1. TJohns
      Buzzed

TJohns Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      load noise / Sinus infection ? not sure
      Hello am new to the whole "T" thing it just popped up a couple weeks ago after had been exposed to a loud noise for a extended period of time. I had a cold/sinus infection at the same time and have been fighting that ever since. I would say I'm a 8/10 its in both ears more so on my left but they both still ring.
      I went to see a ENT guy yesterday, both my ears are poping like deciding in a plane. Im not sure if this is caused by a Sinus infection or my exposure to the nice maybe both. The ENT guy put me on Amox-clav 875mg to see if it would clear up sinus infection. since then the ringing has gotten loader, does anyone know if that is something caused by the antibiotic? I have read that antibiotics can exacerbate the "T".

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Did the ENT find anything wrong with the Eustachian Tube? When swollen or blocked, it is known to cause popping of the ears and T.

You may have Eustachian Tube Disfunction or ETD when the tube is blocked or swollen due to inflammation. The symptoms are ear pain, ear fullness or pressure, popping/cracking of ears, dull hearing, etc. It usually will improve after the tube is back to normal after some time. So don’t worry. Here is a good site to read up on it to see if your symptoms fit the description of ETD:

http://patient.info/health/eustachian-tube-dysfunction

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TJohns
      Buzzed

TJohns Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      He put me on Amox-clav and said to come back in a few weeks. I had a cold and then a sinus infection he did not say for sure what it could be but did mention the eustachian tube. I really hope thats all is is but at the moment it is driving me crazy. Thanks so much for the link

4. Fungus
      Dreaming

Fungus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus?
      Hi, I have ETD, and , as billie48 said, your symptoms seem to fit. The exposure to loud noise is a complicator, and you need to protect yourself from further exposure.

ETD (and the associated tinnitus) often persists after the cold/sinus infection have improved, and is the last symptom to resolve. Steam inhalations and GENTLE Valsalvas (holding nose and gently blowing until ears 'pop') helps to clear it if due to infection.

Try to stay calm and positive. The vast majority of folk improve.

Fungus.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TJohns
      Buzzed

TJohns Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks Fungus, trying to stay calm its been two weeks, but I guess I still feel pressure and have a clicking sound in my ears, so hoping ETD.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TJohns
      Buzzed

TJohns Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Its been like four weeks and still ringing is it possible for ETD to last this long? I still have a little cough, and nasal drip but this seems like a long time to have all of this. Last night my left ear got so closed up I thought I would never get it to pop. The T seemed to be going away yesterday, them boo bag with a vengeance all last night and today. Does that seem rite?

7. Dominic1955
      Artistic

Dominic1955 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic hearing loss
      Did ent tell you if you have hearing loss and is it conductive or sensisoneural ?