My Pulsating Tinnitus Started When I Stopped Smoking and Drinking Coffee

Discussion in 'Support' started by Michelle Eales, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Michelle Eales

Michelle Eales Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stopped smoking and stopped drinking coffee.
      I am feeling very let down by doctor's, being told to live with it, not taking this seriously, looking at you like you are stupid and this condition is not that bad and why all the fuss!

I have this whooshing in my right ear 24/7, I haven't slept well since November 2015, the only relief I get is if I press on my neck or pack my neck with a cushion, the whooshing completely stops until I stop the pressure.

Daily life is exhausting, going to work every day, trying to keep on top of things. Its getting harder to maintain normality.

I am waiting my scan results. When I saw the neurologist I expected him to be aware of this condition, but he too appeared not to know about this. I think this is worrying, I advised him I had done some research and I know what I have, I think it is Sigmoid Signus Diverticullum, he asked me where I got this from, I told him, the internet, he looked at me like I had 2 heads! Unbelievable.

Can anyone help me, this is so difficult to live with.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @Michelle Eales,

I'm so sorry you are suffering with this condition, and I don't have any answers, but I can provide understanding and support. It is hard to find a doctor who understands this condition, and how debilitating it can be.

I had a number of tests, and have (for the time being, at least), decided to try living with it. I've had PT for nearly six years now, and have become more accustomed to it. I can actually sleep now, and I don't let it bother me during the day. I still sometimes have problems at night, but I try to tell myself that it will be calmer in the morning. Mine is usually at its calmest in the morning, and at its worst in late afternoon.

Good luck with your scan results, and I will be interested to hear what the results are when you receive them.

Best wishes,
      Karen

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Michelle Eales

Michelle Eales Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stopped smoking and stopped drinking coffee.
      Thank you Karen, mine is the same calmer in the morning and worsens as the day goes on! I will let you you my results, but im not hopeful, all the doctors I have seen have no idea what this is, even tho I have advised them what I think, as I have researched. I feel that they dont believe me, I did say to the doctor, just because im not covered in bruises or broken bones this condition is still debilitating and so hard to live with. I dont know how you have coped, honestly its so exhausting. Michelle.

4. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Michelle,

It did take me a long time before I could cope with the PT the way I am right now. For me, keeping busy has really helped more than anything.

A suggestion: If the doctors can't find anything on your scans, maybe you could send them out for a second opinion.
      On Whooshers.com, there are some doctors listed who will take a look at your scans, for a fee, and then let you know the results.

Take care, and please keep me posted on how you're doing!

Karen

5. belliott101

belliott101 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      oct 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure

6. belliott101

belliott101 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      oct 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure
      I am feeling the same way. the only thing that helps me is to stay busy. If I am idle the T is almost unbearable. i have trouble dealing with the fact that i may never know what peace and quiet sounds like!! and even worse i may eventually become deaf! most days i just want to crawl into bed and stay forever but the T wont even allow me that.
      the white noises help at night (oscillating fan or box fan from you tube). I just try and tell myself "it could be worse" or just put it out of my my mind at it will go away. or try and ignore it. I am at my wits end. this is horrible.

7. Madd

Madd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      At least it stops when you press your neck. Mine is constant with no help. I don't know how to help it anymore and it makes me depressed.