My Relative's Success Story

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by HPMony, Apr 15, 2018.

1. HPMony

HPMony Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi guys,

I am a frequent reader of tinnitustalk but have noticed that it actually does no good for my perception of my tinnitus, so I try to read less and less on this forum. However yesterday I heard such an amazing story that I need to share it with you.

My husband's aunt had tinnitus for approximately 5 years. It started in one ear one morning and it became so bad that she thought she'd go mad. She did the usual chores at the usual doctors (ENT, MRI, got her teeth done, noise therapy for over 2 years) but none of them proved to be of any help. She now thinks that it all started with a sudden hearing loss, from which she recovered perfectly, and her tinnitus was soon accompanied by hyperacusis. She is a pharmacyst, but her T got so bad that she almost had to quit her job. She described the loudness as "louder than anything" and I could see in her eyes that it was really a difficult time for her and she still struggles to think back of those days. A year or so after she got tinnitus she became pregnant with her first child. During these months her tinnitus was accompanied by a very weird sensitivity, she said she heard children speak in a very weird way, as if they all had a mickey mouse voice. It was unbearable for her and she still can't imagine how she survived these times. When her son was born, I believe that was the only thing keeping her alive. And as said before, still none of the doctors could help her even though she lives in Germany where we have a really good health care system...

Approximately 5 years after she developed tinnitus, she somehow had her blood checked again. Suddenly they noticed that the TSH scores were WAY above averady. The TSH hormones are the ones indicating thyroid functions, these should be between 1-4. Hers were 150!!! That means that her thyroid was basically not functioning at all. When she got medicine for this, her tinnitus went away. She has absolutely no tinnitus today, and is perfectly cured.

This story gave me so much strength, you guys can't believe it. I have my tinnitus since a year, and it's getting worse day by day. First thing I'll do tomorrow is to get my blood checked again. It might not indicate anything, as it did not indicate anything for her in the first 5 years, but it's worth a try.

Honestly I now believe that there are 2 ways for tinnitus: either you develop it by an accoustic trauma, or you have a malfunction in your body that needs to be found. I strongly believe that you can get used to the tinnitus caused by an accoustic trauma, because that will at least to get worse over time. However if the cause comes from within, you must not give up and search for the reason of your tinnitus until you find it!

Guys, there is hope. I would not have believed it if I didn't hear it from her directly!

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Thank-you for this post @HPMony. There is always hope, without it, where would we be?