My Struggle for Life and Happiness

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mitch95, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Mitch95
      Depressed

Mitch95 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or Fluid...no really answer
      Hi, my name is Mitch and I'm 21 and I've been struggling my whole life for various reasons. I had difficulties with bullying throughout my years in school but that doesn't bother me anymore. However, 2012 till now have been the hardest of my life. These things include my mom's battle with cancer (she's fine now), battling depression and anxiety, family conflict which resulted in not speaking with most of my family members, the stress of college, my parents crumbling marriage, losing my girlfriend, my parents getting a divorce (which hasn't even started yet but it's been in the works for about a year), and failing my university courses. I've tried to cope by listening to loud music, eating junk food and other things. Last week, I did a hearing test and I passed the test with no problem. However, I'm afraid of having Tinnitus and my anxiety and depression have gone through the roof. I don't hear much noises from my ears and head but what little noises I do hear make me more anxious by the moment. I sometimes get pressure from my ears and it usually lasts until I can relax. I've went to several doctors and I might have sinus issues with my ears and I might also have TMJ because recently, I've been feeling my jaw being pretty sore these past few days. I can't sleep at night and I get more scared. I feel so alone and afraid. How can I enjoy my life when everything goes wrong and my anxiety is always kicking in?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Sebastians

Sebastians Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Guitars, loud girls and guns
      I can't help you on your anxiety issues but if you want to feel better overall, stop eating crap food, get active and start going to the weigths room. Will do heaps for your self-esteem and it's a great way of channeling your frustrations into something positive.
      Ow yeah, and stop listening to music at loud volumes..

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum @Mitch95. You are never alone here as members here understand the tough struggle with new T for we have been where you are. You are welcome to rant and to ask questions in the main support forum.

Anxiety from T can be helped in various ways. Firstly, try to minimize the effect of T ringing by understanding the nature of T. TT has this thread to educate new sufferers about T by a step-by-step approach. It also has links to ATA & BTA where you can read up a lot more about T. The more we understand T, the more we can reduce the fear for it. Take a look of this TT thread:

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/panic/

You can also reduce the anxiety of the T sound by doing masking. If you haven't done so, try the followings:

1) Mask at bed time so you can sleep better. Find whatever sounds/music that are soothing to you. You can use a sound machine or sound pillow for this, or a computer with speakers.

2) If you need masking on the go, try load an ipod with nature sounds or music using itune, or use smart phone. You can also order some nature sounds via ‘itune’ to play on your PC.

3) If you have computer and speakers, you can try these excellent masking sounds:
      TT's audio player: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/audioplayer/
      or this online sound library, particularly the self-mix nature sounds: http://mynoise.net/
      or download free sound generator ‘aire freshener’: http://www.peterhirschberg.com/mysoftware.html
      or search youtube with words like 'tinnitus masking sounds', 'white noise', 'rain sound' etc.

You can also use something to control anxiety & to improve sleep. Doctors can prescribe benzos to help control the anxiety. But it is addictive so you may want to use natural alternatives, such as Melatonin, Lemon Balm, Valerian, Hops, Catnips, Passion Flower, Chamomile, Lavender, Kava, etc. You can google search each of them to know their use and see if you can take them as a supplement. Check out this site on using natural herbs for helping to sleep or to calm the nerves.

http://www.christopherhobbs.com/library/articles-on-herbs-and-health/herbs-and-natural-remedies-for-insomnia/

Try to stay as positive and calm as you can as stress and anxiety can aggravate T. Read up the success stories as you can learn some insights and strategies from those who have gotten better, and you can have hope and confidence that you will get better in time. If you are interested to read my success stories and learn what strategies I used to help me turn around from severe, ultra high pitch T and H, here is the link. Take good care & God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/from-darkness-to-light-how-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

• Winner Winner x 1
    4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk mitch95.

Sorry to read of everything your going through and have been through.
      Stress and anxiety and jaw problems and loud music can cause tinnitus and tinnitus can cause anxiety too.

I think as your anxiety settles your ears will ease up a little and will sleep better too.
      For the anxiety and to off load what's going on in your life I think talking therapy will help see things clear.
      I never thought talking therapy but it did me the world of good and learnt ways to cope better through a difficult time and would recommend it to anyone.
      Clenching your jaw while a sleep can add to jaw presure and cause tinnitus too.

I think a nice talk with your doctor would be the best thing for you to get you sleeping better and help for Anxiety and this will help you cope with your tinnitus sound itself .
      If you have a phone with apps on you could try downloading some natural sound apps to listen to and help you relax and sleep at night.

Keep posting for support as your not alone now and there is support here around the clock every day.....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mitch95
      Depressed

Mitch95 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or Fluid...no really answer
      Thanks guys...I really appreciate your help and support. I know this won't be easy but that's been the story of my life so far.

• Like Like x 1