My Symptoms — What Kind of Tinnitus Could I Have?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jack Thompson, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Jack Thompson

Jack Thompson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      neck trauma
      I'm still not too sure what the reason is for why I got T, I've had T for 1 month now, in case anyone doesn't know, I was in Vietnam getting a healing massage, she would scrape my c spine with her thumb, push down on my upper back spine because I had a curve, oh and she spoke no English... yeah I regret it.. neck and full body, deep tissue, not gentle but not painful, had to get it everyday for 2 weeks, on the 13th day, 30 minutes after the massage I heard a mild whistle type of sound in my left ear, then 3 days later I had a late long flight back to Europe, I fell asleep upright a few times, not sure for how long, after the flight there was another noise in my right ear.

When I was back in the UK, I started having back pain, neck pain, headaches, jaw pain, difficulty opening my mouth wide etc.. so I went to a Gonstead Chiropractor in London, he adjusted my c-1 in my neck and lower back, but sadly he didn't take a x ray of my neck, just felt with his hands. the next day my T had gotten a little worse since the adjustment but I was in less pain, I feel better than I did before and the T spike did go away.

so my current symptoms now are.. - low and upper back pain
      - mild neck pain sometimes
      - muscle spasms in neck and shoulders sometimes
      - clicking, crackling,popping squeak sound in or next to ears when moving jaw in out up down
      - ear pain, this is rare and lasts about 1 minute.
      - dizziness when getting up from sitting or laying down
      - mild headaches sometimes, not much
      - tingling or itch sensation inside ear, doesn't happen much
      - mild T in both ears, different sound in each ear
      - putting pressure on the back of my neck makes my T worse

2. Konstadinos

Konstadinos Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (diagnosed with ETD, TMJD and Straigtened Neck)
      I think it's obvious that your tinnitus is caused by your neck. Chiropractors sometimes make things worse. With all these symptoms visiting an orthopedic and having an X ray is more than necessary. Consulting an ENT/audiologist would also be a good idea. Wish you the best.

3. Ian Mac

Ian Mac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Vestibular Nueritis, loud music (dubstep)
      Origins and History of Chiropractic Care
      The word ‘Chiropractic’ comes from the Greek words cheir (meaning ‘hand’) and praktos (meaning ‘done’), i.e. Done by Hand. The name was chosen by the developer of chiropractic, Daniel David Palmer.

A prolific reader of all things scientific, DD Palmer realized that although various forms of manipulation had been used for hundreds if not thousands of years, no one had developed a philosophical or scientific rationale to explain their effects. Palmer’s major contribution to the health field was therefore the codification of the philosophy, art and science of chiropractic which was based on his extensive study of anatomy and physiology.

Palmer performed the initial chiropractic adjustment in September 1895. Palmer examined a janitor who had become deaf 17 years prior after he felt something “give” in his back. Palmer examined the area and gave a crude “adjustment” to what was felt to be a misplaced vertebra in the upper back. The janitor then observed that his hearing improved.

From that first adjustment, DD Palmer continued to develop chiropractic and in 1897 established the Palmer School of Cure, now known as the Palmer College of Chiropractic, in Davenport, Iowa, where it remains today. Following the first adjustment, many people became interested in Palmer’s new science and healing art. Among his early students were Palmer’s son, Bartlett Joshua (BJ), as well as members of the older healing arts of medicine and osteopathy. The first state law licensing chiropractors was passed in 1913, and by 1931, 39 states had given chiropractors legal recognition.

Today, there are more than 70,000 active chiropractic licenses in the United States. All 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands officially recognize chiropractic as a health care profession. Many other countries also recognize and regulate chiropractic, including Canada, Mexico, Great Britain, Australia, Japan and Switzerland.

4. Ian Mac

Ian Mac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Vestibular Nueritis, loud music (dubstep)
      Your back and your ears are connected somehow, its been documented everywhere. I have back problems and severe T.

5. Fairy
      Cool

Fairy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      The chiropractor take out tinnitus in my neck. It lasted for 3 days. So I am going to start treatments now. One every two weeks or so. It is not good to get to many neck pulls.
      Good luck. I would one treatment a month because of strokes in people. That is why I am suggesting. I make you a sign paper now to release from lawsuits. So be careful.
      Also safety option is cranio-therapy. I hope that is spell right. Oh well, it is hard to get right one /treatment.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jack Thompson

Jack Thompson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      neck trauma
      @Fairy there is a type of chiropractic technique called NUCCA, they take 3 x rays of your neck and do a gentle adjustment, no neck cracking. I'll be getting this type of treatment this month, just need to get my b12 levels tested first.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Fairy
      Cool

Fairy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Dear Jack:

I do know about chiropractor. It makes more than I went to. 3 treatments not bad,
      but still going to phsiotherapy starting week. Because I have violent tinnitus from the flu. It is my neck, one treatment did help with regular chiropractor. The tinnitus left for 3 days
      Thanks for being nice, Jack.
      Hugs.