My Tinnitus — Week 10

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dmitriy, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      It's my 10th week with tinnitus after loud noise exposure. For some reason T is a bit more obvious over the past week, and ear fullness is back in the mornings. I just cannot pinpoint what it is at night that may cause T and fullness to be better or worse in the morning.

I haven't had Fleeting T in the past 2 weeks. I reiterate from my previous post that I stopped taking extra B12, which was the only change I can think off.

Still get some pressure back of the head, more towards evening. It's not as bad as it was in the 2nd month, but it has also been better.

I will continue to write this on monthly basis. Hopefully, at some point I can write a success story.

What I do
      • Take 1-2 long walks per day to de-stress
      • Drink chamomile tea at night to calm anxiety
      • Occasional 10 minute meditation
      • Morning run few times a week
      • Cross training few times a week

• Like Like x 1
    2. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      Thank you for the update!

3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi @Dmitriy

I don't recommend that you do any running on hard ground or on the treadmill. Many people have contacted me that have tinnitus especially when caused by "loud noise" exposure, and notice the tinnitus increases during running and continues to get louder. Not everyone is affected but it's something to keep note of. It is due to impact underfoot that travels up through the legs, body and to the head and auditory system. This is not a good idea in my opinion.

All the best
      Michael

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      Thanks for the warning, I was wondering about that myself. When I run I try to do it on grass since my knees hurt sometime. Are you a doctor? Why do people contact you?