My Tinnitus — Week 31

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dmitriy, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      It's my 31st week with tinnitus after loud noise exposure. Over the past few weeks my T was so mild that I actually forgot I have it. The really mild tone I used to have when I went to sleep is gone. Static does continue, and the range will really depend on sleep quality, stress, and salt/sugar in diet.

Yesterday, I had the strongest spike yet. I was playing card game with friends and drinking wine.
      Suddenly, right ear was muffled and loud tone started. It was really loud for good 5 minutes, then it started to die down, and completely went away within hour. This spike was strong enough to leaf my ear slightly muffled for good few hours.

I try to drink fresh vegetable juice daily. I started a long time ago after I had kidney stone, and read that celery helps to break up kidney stones before they cause discomfort. My juice is 2 sticks of celery, green apple, quarter of a beet, and carrots to fill the cup. I do not drink it regularly and I have observed that I have more static noise when I don't drink it for a few days.

What can I say 6 month in? T sucks, but it is manageable and it definitely changes over the course of time. I believe it got a little better for me but it's hard to say what makes it get better or worse. Focusing on your health will not hurt your chances with T and you will feel better in general.

I like this post in "Success Stories". People may recover even after 2 years, even after acoustic trauma.

What I do (updated)
      • 1-2 cardio activities per day. My options include walks, run, play soccer, crossfit, or work in garden.
      • Drink chamomile on stressful days
      • Drink liquid vitamin
      • Drink fresh vegetable juice
      • Intermittent fasting 16/8. Also, as part of general diet I cut out bread, limit sweets and salty foods
      PS. As I write this I hear nothing.

• Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. monkey legs

monkey legs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1991 (Low level). Worse Dec 2017 to Now
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear injury (paintball) 1991. 2017 > Onwards Cause? Not sure.
      I hope i can get to your stage, I am two months in at the moment. I am taking Citalopram for depression to help. Ive only been taking it for two days, so early to say if its doing anything yet.

Cheers.

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. paganismos
      Angelic

paganismos Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear Syringing (Acoustic Trauma)
      I am glad you're experiencing this. I'm looking forward to your next update and success story!