My Tinnitus — Week 8

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dmitriy, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      It's my 8th week with tinnitus after loud noise exposure. Back to work, high stress, high anxiety. Surprisingly, my T didn't bother me much this week. Fleeing T (feels like muscle twitch) didn't occur at all last week and possibly is gone (knock on wood). I think I read somewhere that B12 can cause muscle twitches. I haven't been taking B12 for 2 weeks and this muscle twitch in my ear is gone.

In general, my static T and tonal T is the same. They are most noticeable in the morning when I wake up. It also spikes when I don't have enough sleep or really stressed. At this point I think it's here to stay, at least for a while. I don't mask it anymore.

My headaches are much better. I don't have pressure on back of the head anymore, and headaches that I do get are typical tension headaches.

I had an MRI that shows nothing unusual in my head. If you are planning to do MRI and have good ear plugs without metal in them then I recommend you take and use them. They gave me foam ear plugs but they were not very good. The scan is scheduled for 45m, but if you lay very still it will go faster. I think mine was done < 30m.

What I do
      • Take 1-2 long walks per day to de-stress
      • Drink chamomile tea at night to calm anxiety
      • Occasional 10 minute meditation
      • Morning run few times a week
      • Cross training few times a week

• Like Like x 2
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It sounds like Tonic tensor tympani syndrome TTTS. Search the web and this forum for more information.

3. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      thanks for the update..