My Tinnitus Has No Doubt a Connection to the Cervical Spine

Discussion in 'Support' started by refael, Jun 26, 2018.

1. refael

refael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I have had tinnitus in my left ear for many years but now I also have a right ear and a very strong power (the kettle whistle).

MRI shows pressure on C3-4, there is also a connection to sleep. There are mornings with unbearable whistling and other days that it is light.

Do you have any suggestions? Exercises?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Keeping an eye on how you sit and maybe a good neck pillow for sleep and just gentle movements to ease any stiffness .
      I have OA in my spine.
      love glynis

3. EarHair

EarHair Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012 worsened Jan 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concerts and TMJ and genetics (Mom, Grandpa have it)
      I'm a huge believer in physiotherapy for skeleto-muscular issues. You need to build up the muscles around your injuries to get them better. I've had a bunch of sports injuries and physiotherapy has been a godsend. Also massage therapy to go along but not as the sole option.

My massage therapist said if you go to a chiro and he cracks your back as an adjustment and your appointment is 5 or 10 minutes long, that is basically a scam. It will go right back out of alignment. You need to work on the soft tissues around the issue. What you need to do is get on a physio and massage regiment so you are loosening muscles so they are not pulling your spine out of line, and then stretches and exercises to keep them loose but also strengthens them to hold everything in the right position and prevent it from slipping out again.

If your chiro does long sessions where he will massage, crack your back, gives you exercises, and rubs that ultrasound wand then that chiro is maybe legit.

I don't know much about spine issues but ask your family doctor if you should go to a physio, chiro, massage or something and see what they recommend. You need to work on those spine issues but get the proper exercises and get the massage done from experts.I remember I was going to a hpysio for another reason and I had a sore neck for a week so she gave me a few exercises where I laid on a foam roller down my spine and moved my arms in two different exercises, 3 sets of 10, and I felt my spine pop a few times like it was getting back in alignment, and after doing that for 3 or 4 days the pain went away. So get to a physio and see if they have a solution like they had for me.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      refael

refael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Thanks for your response
      I really went to the chiro and after a few sessions I realized that it did not help me at all and maybe even caused damage

5. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      I am sure mine is too...started after dental work, but I think that I was tense in the neck and shoulder during the procedure.
      I have noticed its hisses like crazy if I wake up with neck or shoulder pain.
      Probably heavy sleep and bad position.
      No help from Chiro for me. In fact nothing has yet helped at all.
      I think mine is deep set and probably C spine/ muscle related - from over thirty years at a drawing board and then computer.
      Hope today is good for all of you X

6. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
    7. EarHair

EarHair Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012 worsened Jan 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concerts and TMJ and genetics (Mom, Grandpa have it)
      Yeah then don't go back to the chiro. Try going to a physio therapist.