My Tinnitus Keeps Changing Ears

Discussion in 'Support' started by CarloZ, Oct 18, 2015.

1. CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      For the past few days, my tinnitus keeps changing ears throughout the day. I usually hear it in both but most of the time it just feel more focused on one. And focus changes ears. It also keeps getting a high pitch that last for a minute. It's already high pitched all the time, but it gets higher for a minute. Usually happens when I yawn or sometimes it super random. My tinnitus also feels very heavy.What's going on?

Also, you ever get a warm feeling in one of your ears?

2. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Remembering your t is being generated by your brain, and merely perceiving the noise in your ears, your experience is not unusual.

the high pitched t that lasts for a few secs sounds like fleeting t...I had that long before I had t...normal. if your t changes when you yawn etc, you probably have somatic t, as many of us do. Again, its nothing to worry about.

shortly after my onset, I had that heavy, blocked feeling in my ear after an ear infection. I asked my audio about this, and he said it was caused by probable auditory damage. That feeling has largely resolved however. I think with time yours should too.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Thing is, the fleeting T. I had this as well before T. But this is not fleeting T I think. Fleeting T would happen to me about once every 2-3 weeks. This is different because it happens so many times a day and it feels different. Feels more like a minute spike. I doubt I have somatic T. Pretty sure I got mine from listening to loud death metal through earphones everyday for the past 5 years. I'm surprised my T isn't more severe than it is. Lol.

4. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Be thankful your t isnt that severe then..

Maladaptive plastic changes in the brain could have heightened your awareness (refer to nucleus accumbens) of the fleeting t. Dont think you need to be concerned. The more worried you get..the more your brain will classify this as a threat. If you yawn and this changes the pitch of your t...that sounds somatically driven to me....

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      You happen to know if tinnitus that was caused by acoustic trauma like I described gets worse? My tinnitus started something I can only hear at night to a constant ringing I hear 24/7 along with reactive tinnitus. All in one month in half. It's gradually gotten worse. For no reason. I given listen to music and I've avoided loud noises.

6. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I can predict that the more attention you give to your t..the louder it will seem...which will escalate your anxiety...which will heighten your awareness of t...do stuff that distracts and calms your crntral nervous system..dont give t a front row seat..and let habituation begin..

Have a look at julian cowan hills you tube videos on t

Have a look at back to silence threads on tt

Consider n acetylcysteine and magnesium

Some have improved with steroids

Yes protect your ears...

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CarloZ

CarloZ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015

Funny thing is though, week 4 is when my tinnitus become intrusive and bad. Week 4-5 is when I began becoming sad all day and I cried so many times. It's week 7 and my tinnitus is more annoying than ever yet I haven't cried in 2 weeks. I'm doing better. Not good, but better. Yet my T is still loud. My anxiety has lessened as well.