My Tinnitus Seemed to Vanish Luckily

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by iDred, Jul 19, 2017.

1. iDred

iDred Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Cochlear Hydrops
      I had what I think is Cochlear Hydrops which killed my low frequency hearing by about 30% in my left ear.

It also caused other hearing issues and of course ringing and also a slight hissing sound. The ringing wasn't all that bad but it was there at about 3/10.

I thought the tinnitus would be permanent because of all the hearing damage and it was constant for a few weeks. I believe the fluid pressure in my ear damages the low-frequency hearing cells. I figured those damaged cells were causing the ringing.

Surprisingly after about a month, the tinnitus ringing seemed to have just vanished. I can even barely hear the slight constant hissing sound. The hearing damage is still there, that will not ever improve.

This ringing was definitely caused by the damage in my left ear.

What this tells me is that your brain has control over these tinnitus sounds. Either your brain shuts them down or not. I got lucky here and it seemed my brain shut them off.

Thinking about it I noticed that my brain seemed to be good at shutting off pain. Where most people sat around and complained about pain it seemed my body shuts the pain off from injury quickly.

Maybe once a week for maybe 10 minutes I may get a 5/10 ringing sound, hopefully that stays away. I had these intermittent ringing sounds since I had the hearing damage, they are louder than the constant tinnitus that luckily went away.

There is always hope your T may go away. I accepted the fact that my hearing damage induced T would never go away and just ignored it. Then one day I was like I can't hear the T anymore, when did it finally go away. Maybe part of your brain shutting it down is accepting it 100%.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Mkc28

Mkc28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown maybe TMJ
      @iDred, they told me I have no hearing loss, but I have hissing noise in left ear. I think my Ent. must think I have some fluid in inner ear because he gave me a diuretic. My brain won't let go, probably because I can't seem to ignore it. But I agree it's controlling my mind. 10 weeks today and my anxiety is starting to creep back in. I can feel the adrenaline and my hiss is getting louder. You didn't take anything at all? And for sure you have cochlear h.? Well if that's what I have this makes me feel better. I'm happy for you!!!