My Tinnitus Started Around Two Weeks Ago — Rejection, Loud Noise or What?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tomahawkzz, Dec 13, 2021.

1. tomahawkzz

tomahawkzz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress/Clubbing
      First things first, it all started after I got rejected by one girl (yeah, it might sound stupid what I say, but it was depressing). I didn't realize about T after maybe 3-4 days or so.

I was super depressed, had anhedonia (loss of pleasure or interests in hobbies), guilt, probably anxiety too. Then I realized that I have tinnitus. Sometimes it is ringing, but it's more like a white noise that is constantly. Sometimes in my left, or in my right, sometimes in both. It's weird.

But before the rejection, I was with her in a car and she started to blast music. Pretty loud considering the fact that I had no earplugs, but my ass said "well, I've been to many nights doing clubbing without a pair, so what's the worst."

Now, I used to party before, once a week. I used to smoke weed, which might exacerbate tinnitus. I used to do all kinds of crazy shit. It might be the nightclub, it might be the fact that I was depressed after that incident of rejection, it might be that I am under the mild withdrawal of weed. It might be anything.

But somehow, after the rejection, why did I start all of a sudden to sleep 2-3 hours and never get back to rest? Why do I have problems remembering my dreams? After I wake up, I don't really notice my tinnitus, maybe 5-10 minutes after. I don't wake up with that noise and I don't feel like my tinnitus is affecting my sleep (maybe before falling asleep, which it is annoying to try and fall asleep with that fan noise in your brain).

I don't feel depressed as in that week when I missed her, I feel better now, with the exception of having weird sleep patterns and this ringing that stays with me.

I am not sure what to do, guys. I don't want to accept the fact that I will hear this noise forever.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Johan001

Johan001 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication
      Looks like your ears had been weakened for a long time and the rejection situation was the last straw to pull it all up together as a major stressor.

I hope you are feeling much better about the rejection now. It's a fact of life and if we really like someone, it affects us deeply, there's no shame in it. No one likes being rejected. Just try to (if you haven't already done so) set your priority on taking care of your health, both mental and physical.

There's a chance it will either go away or become ignorable. Do stay away from "the usual": loud noise, ototoxic stuff, too much alcohol/smoking.

You may also want to experiment with natural supplements to see what works for you, there's many options and everything is very individual.

If you have an opportunity, I'd also suggest finding a therapist to figure out how to be more resilient to rejections in general. Figure out your anxieties etc. Not a tinnitus therapist, but a general one, for your overall mental well-being.

• Like Like x 1