My Tinnitus — Week 18

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dmitriy, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      It's my 18th week (4 month) with tinnitus after loud noise exposure. Got back from trip to NYC last week. Was plugging my ears from screeching trains, and actually stopped an excursion called "The Ride" and got off. For those who never seen it "The Ride" is a bus where you site sideways (stadium seating) and it takes you around the city. What they don't advertise is the 140db music and "entertainment" that is blasted practically right next to your ears. After 1 hour I am not sure how anyone can escape some hearing damage.

I haven't had ear fullness for a couple of weeks now. I used to wake up with right ear feeling clogged almost regularly, and it would take 1-3 hours for it to go away. I am not sure why I don't have it recently, but I guess it's good.

Today I am bit more "staticky" then usual. I hear some static almost over the normal sounds, and usually I hear it in more quieter places. I noticed that static version of T is more influenced by diet, sleep, and stress then other forms of T, such as ringing.

I like this post in "Success Stories". People may recover even after 2 years, even after acoustic trauma.

What I should do (and what I do)
      • Take 1-2 long walks per day to destress (really try to keep up with this)
      • Drink chamomile tea at night to calm anxiety (still do)
      • Occasional 10 minute meditation (haven't done in month, it really helped, need to start again)
      • Morning run few times a week (still do)
      • Cross training few times a week (still do)

• Like Like x 2
    2. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      keeping yourself active is important....having distractions helps alot and takes your focus away from T...i play video games for example and they really help me escape (street fighter v & madden)...the walks and exercise are great if you have the time....when i am out and about i rarely notice my T so it helps take that burden away for a while... i havent felt more miserable than this past weekend because it snowed on saturday and i was stuck in the house for 2 days straight. I would also recommend finding a great masking sound if you havent already. Sometimes the best way to calm anxiety is to give yourself a break or at least lessen the intrusion of T...i dont take anything for anxiety so for me this is always the best way to calm myself down

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Jomo,
      Been snowed in also and off work as school clossed today but got a busy day tomorrow...so slippery out side.
      -12 -14 tonight...
      Love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      Yeah, I try to keep myself busy. Play video games too occasionally (Dishonored 2 right now). I've been good on anxiety for now, but I am sure if something with my T changes I will be climbing walls. I did masking a while ago when it just started, now I am just trying to keep everything status quo and live with it. I noticed that if mind is busy the T sound is really not that obvious.