My Trobalt Blog

Discussion in 'Support' started by RaZaH, Dec 5, 2015.

1. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      5th of December.

I will be writing my experiences with Trobalt in this thread, it might get a bit schizo so bear with me.

Started Trobalt a week ago, still on 3x100 mg per day, will be tapering up tomorrow.

Had some really great experiences so far although today is pretty bad.

Yesterday was great, complete silence for quite few hours and I mean pure silence.

I have had some silent events before although super rare so for the time being I am attributing this silent day to Trobalt. Maybe today is bad because I am still on a small dosage.

As for side effects, I get slightly tired, bloated, weird dreams... kind of drugged 40 min after taking a pill. I am pretty sensitive to drugs and can't say I am enjoying this as a "drug".

T for 3 years, mostly very hi-freq bzzzzzzzz in my brain, not really tonal.
      In fact, tonal T eeee are my better days.

Always horrible mornings lasting 30 min to 2 hours, irrespective of if I will have a good or bad day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      6th of December

First day on 3x 200mg , weirdly enough yesterday a 100mg knocked me out (was tired) today I took 200 mg and I feel fine, Trobalt definitely has an effect on my T , albeit a varied effect . Not as effective as in the first few days though. I feel like it comes and goes in waves right now , not that bad one minute and bad the other , keep in mind , that might just be like T is always for me?

It was very weird to get that silent day ..awesome of course but in some ways got me to reflect on my 3 year everday struggle , when you fight every day you dont get much space to reflect. I got a bit sad and started feeling sorry for myself ..not very productive i know.

Side effects . slightly "frozen" , I should be working :)

Im a dying to make some music .Literally,exploding with creativity , but cannot.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      7th of December.

Well, what can I say , I am having the most insane spike ever.
      I am even contemplating stopping this experiment, its strange , worked very well to begin with but yesterday was horrible, the night was excruciating and I do not have words for this morning.
      Either my T is fighting back in its deathroes or its telling me to back the fuck off and stop messing with it :p In any event , not a good development at this point.

End of the day report : Trobalt definitely works for a while after i take it , however it might be worse then normally in between ? Or it is just coinciding with a "spike" ? Hard to tell really . I thought it might the contrast between the more silent period after taking trobalt and then after it stops working but its not that, definitely more piercing in between.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      8th of December.
      Morning Report: Yesterday was pretty bad to be honest ,although I timed my Trobalt dose to coincide with sleep so I fell asleep to silence, this morning I had some visual issues that lasted a few seconds. might be nothing.

Right now I am feeling happy :) Probably the drugs :)

Midday report : Trobalt does give me relief for a few hours but its highly unreliable, sometimes its works a charm and sometimes not that much , in my very much limited experience i get the most relief in the evenings.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9th of december.
      Best day ever , heard my T like 4-5 times during the day .
      Having a "clear" head is the best sensation in the world.

10th of december.

Woke up to pretty bad T , getting better as the day progresses ...I want another yesterday !
      End of the day report : It seems that is varied how much this works, had a pretty bad day , so its bad days versus a bit better days it seems , pretty much the same as without trobalt except for the somewhat predictable relief 30-40 min after taking a pill.
      Yesterday was incredible though , hoping i get another one of those .

11th of December

Still waking up to a nightmare.
      Went for massage , that was nice .
      Raising my dosage.
      I have ZERO troubleshooting skills at the moment , so taking a break from work.
      Overall...not super happy with my results so far, but sticking to it for a while.
      As for side effects , not that much although in the late evenings I sometimes experience "unease" ?
      Also..no memory :p ,slight headache.

Took 200 mg ..."silence" at the moment. (this lasted a couple of hours)

End of the day report: T is kind of low at the moment , been a bumpy day , blinding headache and kind of sensitive hearing .
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      12th of December.

Ok, start to to the day , had the most insane headache last night....jeebus!
      I am now on 500mg per day , 200, 200 and a 100 before sleep.

Again...today ,I get temporary relief from 200 mg . Bit of a headache , could be from the intense massage session ? I can hardly hear my T due to the headache ! :p

18th of December. Skipped a few days there.

I am still on 600 mg per day . I had very good results for one day there and started reducing my intake right away ...that did not work out good. Why did I do that , well , i hate being under influence, any influence. But yeah , I am now on 600 per day and getting pretty good results.
      I get near silence often through the day , still varies though.

Its very interesting ...Its still hard to wake up to bad T but at least I feel like i will get a break a bit later when i take my morning dosage. Just knowing that makes life that much easier.
      Also interesting is when I came on TT just now , my T went bananas ...
      I started thinking , " how have I managed to do this for 3 years?" ...Guess I am getting some relief.

200 down the hatch , T be gone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      19th. Horrible day , no amount of Trobalt has any effect . yesterday was pretty great though.
      Like I am sure you guys know, if there is a good day , there is a 1o fold T day looming.
      Seeing that I am getting very good days , its seems I have 20 fold T days looming .
      Its weird , hard to resist just taking more Trobalt , hoping to stop this insanity that today is..

Have a flight in a few hours as well...sigh

• Like Like x 6
      • Helpful Helpful x 2
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. joseph Ghass
      Angelic

joseph Ghass Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      Why you dont try the keto diet. It has the benefits of trobalt when adapted but without the side effects.

I also had the high bzzzzz sound in my head and now it is mild.

• Like Like x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    3. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Thank you for starting this blog. Extremely useful for people who are determined by their life canceling, severe T to think at Trobalt as probably their only chance left.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      @joseph Ghass ,I might do that although so far I have personally not felt that my various diet changes have had any effect. Still...following your keto thread :)

5. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Yeah, @joseph Ghass, keto diet may trigger Gaba production so it may prevent/stop seizures just like Trobalt, and it's natural (but difficult on the liver, at least mine), by my yesterday's craving for some cakes was so hard to fight (gave in) that I thought "wow, this keto diet is so hard for me, that taking Trobalt may be easier for me".
      I am considering both methods and will move to your thread for some advices re this keto diet.
      @RaZaH
      The best of luck in your attempt to heal and "meet again with your former self". Your success will be our success also.

• Like Like x 1
    6. JohnK
      Busy

JohnK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/26/2015 (habituated) 5/13/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Doxycycline (2015) Otimize ear drops [neomycin] (2019)
      oooo, silence! #jealous

• Like Like x 1
    7. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      @Dana

Off the topic but are you on keto as well?

@RaZaH
      Hope it continues to improve, keep us posted!
      I'm waiting for my supply next week than will give it a go.

8. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      @valeri
      Yeah, off topic but we can move to @joseph Ghass thread after this.
      Yes, I had begun, but fell of the weagon with some cakes yesterday. Not such an easy diet, or I am not informed enough as to how to make it easy to follow.
      While craving for those cakes I said : "Mabye taking Trobalt and eating anything that crosses my mind is easier". I can start over anytime, I suppose.
      But I am watching people who try Trobalt very close too.

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      @JohnK I understand but dont be jealous , temporary silence and then hardcore t is , well...hard .

• Like Like x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I was planning to just edit the original post , put in dates and add info as i go along but it seems that the edit function is gone ?
      Why is that @Markku ?
      Some kind of time limit as I can edit this one ?

Wanted to keep this readable and as easy to follow as i can .
      Will update when I know if I can edit the original post.

• Like Like x 1
    11. monacco

monacco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anknown
      Hi @RaZaH

Try trobalt without salt it will give you good results

I stoped taking trobalt because It prevented me to sleep.

• Informative Informative x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I can hardly stay awake from this stuff.

13. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      @RaZaH
      1)When you saw that stopping benzo cold turkey causes T, why you didn't resume the benzo and taper off slowly?
      Or
      2) you did try to do that, you resumed the benzo, but T didn't want to go away or lower even after resuming?

(I will remain without benzo soon-it won't be available in pharmacies anymore, problem with the importer-so i will stop cold turkey if i don't try to obtain it from abroad and I want to know in what kind of danger I am)

Please answer, it's vital for me.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I stopped cold turkey , after a few days my hearing went down in the high frequencies.
      It took a week or two for the T to start , at that point I felt it would not help starting again.
      Also , no dr believed me and that made me doubt the whole thing.

Keep in mind that I had been having seizures and all kinds of problems and was sick of it all, being sick and medication.

Now I know that stopping cold turkey can cause prolonged withdrawals as well as all kinds of stuff, T being one of them.

If I could only redo that part of my life ....sigh...

15. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Thanks for the prompt reply.
      Hopefully Trobalt will fix you, cause you certainly respond to it.
      Don't worry that T returned after a period of total silence, nobody got permanent results after such a short time.

16. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @RaZaH Wishing you the best! I'm following your progress and saying a prayer for you. :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    17. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      I think we all know that feeling, unfortunately. Looking forward to following the blog - smart idea by the way. I'll be rooting for you to achieve 'better living through chemistry.' ;)

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    18. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      Whatever the trajectory of your T may be in this attempt, please add to the chemical help a positive thinking. Remember, anxiety and stress alone can cause T. Since you will put your kidneys and not only them to the test, so it will not be so easy for your body, help your body during this test with a positive outlook. Faith can cure or kill. The mental part is very important in healing, so don't ruin everything with falling apart whenever T will increase, return, whatever, after a silence period.
      You've had this for 3 years, you need more than a pill with the needed substances that your body can't produce sufficiently now (inhibitory neurotransmitters) to break the loop of T.
      Stay strong!

• Like Like x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Thanks , Yes , I realise this will not happen in a day , or a week, month .

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      I can now edit my initial post so my updates will appear there , dont worry I will try and keep it short an concise although I will also be speculation, ranting etc.

Feel free to ask my questions about anything if you feel i am not being precise enough etc,

I do however believe in paragraphs so :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      7th dec update.

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      update

23. boy

boy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Hi im only 15 and I had ringing in my right ear like a high pitched ring today is the 4 day now it started when I was sick and nose was clogged, my ear felt plugged and a few hours later that's when I hear the constant ring. And my mom keeps trying to say theirs water in my ear because the night before the ringing started I took a shower and as I said the next day Monday, my ear felt plugged. And she said it'll go away and she won't take me to the hospital. Please help should I be worried, and will it go away PLEASE REPLY I can't live with it.

• Hug Hug x 1
    24. boy

boy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Hi im only 15 and I had ringing in my right ear like a high pitched ring today is the 4 day now it started when I was sick and nose was clogged, my ear felt plugged and a few hours later that's when I hear the constant ring. And my mom keeps trying to say theirs water in my ear because the night before the ringing started I took a shower and as I said the next day Monday, my ear felt plugged. And she said it'll go away and she won't take me to the hospital. Please help should I be worried, and will it go away PLEASE REPLY I can't live with it.

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Hang in there, its very early and in fact it might go away , lots of people get this for a few days , weeks .
      Its very important not to freak out and I mean that its more likely to go away on its own if you stay chilled.
      Having said that you should definitely go see an ENT or doctor , early stages are important.

• Like Like x 1
    26. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Yes, tell your mom that you should go see a doctor and have your ear examined. Its probable to get an ear infection after a cold/flu. You might have fluid build up and some clogged eustachian tubes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    27. boy

boy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Thanks guys im very very frustrated and annoyed by it so it will go away on its own?and the only thing that gets me away is my head phone only in my ringing ear

28. boy

boy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Will it go away on its own? And will ibuprofen do anything

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      RaZaH
      Cheeky

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      No, in fact Ibuprofen might make it worse....again , see a doctor.

30. boy

boy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Thank u guys I'm kinda relaxing but do u think taking ibuprofen will help it? and the only thing that's actually blocking the sound is listening to music with ear phones in my ringing ear also would the music affect it, its not that loud

• Friendly Friendly x 1