My Update... Because Why Not.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Keith D Mitchell, Dec 1, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Keith D Mitchell
      Worried

Keith D Mitchell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No Idea
      So for the past few days / week, my ringing has been pretty good. In and out for the most part, but not really as loud. The last few days it was great. I can sleep with no issues, in fact I found my self falling a sleep in my office while coding.

Even this morning was great.... until I took a shower. Normally that calms my "T", but today, it started my ringing.... in my left ear. My "T" has normally been in my right ear however, so this is confusing. It's like it's fading but I can hear it, in my left. My right ear is just fine but now I"m afraid that when my "T" comes back in my right ear that I"m gonna be in trouble. It's been 20 minutes now and it's still going, hoping it goes away.

It also feels full, like the right ear used to feel.

le sigh.

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, Keith,

Don't despair! Tinnitus is a very up-and-down condition, and quite unpredictable. This may be just a temporary spike in your left ear, that will go back down soon. My tinnitus has been in my right ear only for many years, but occasionally, I'll get some temporary ringing in my left ear as well. However, it always goes away.

I think it's good news that your right ear is doing so well, and it would seem to be a good sign that you are habituating to the tinnitus. Take care, and don't worry. Thanks for keeping us posted on how you're doing!

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Keith D Mitchell
      Worried

Keith D Mitchell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No Idea
      Sucks ;( Here I was thinking I was getting better after a full month and then "T" is like, you didn't think it be that easy.... did you????????

Mauahahaaa!

Seriously though, this sucks and it's been going all day ;(

• Hug Hug x 2
    4. Keith D Mitchell
      Worried

Keith D Mitchell Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No Idea
      Yep, I'm boned... it's in both ears now. So an ear infection that was caught in tme has lead to this and it's completely unbearable. I give props to everyone who's suffered as long as you have but how do you cope. I can't even imagine another year of this already

Severely depressed. How am I supposed to keep going covering events that are loud as hell or enjoying my musics.

5. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Kieth,
      Tinnitus is tough going and the unwanted emotions also take hold.
      Try stay calm and do what you can stay positive.
      Nice walks help lift your mood but if goes on a while see if you can have some counselling and medication.
      Hopefully your tinnitus might go as your infection clears up but gunk in your tubes and inner ear can take a while to shift and might need a second lot of antibiotics and ear drops.

keep posting for support love glynis