Naturopath — Good or Risky?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jamie, Apr 19, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Jamie
      Scared

Jamie Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/1989
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1989 Ear Infection 2015 Coming off Benzo
      Hello,

I been to see a naturopath twice now, the first visit she suggested dairy free which I did for a month but didn't really notice much difference.

Now I have been given a supplement with 600mg of quercetain and 200mg Bromelains twice a day.
      Also a herbal medicine with

Ginko
      Horseradish
      Goldenseal
      Elderflower
      Cayenne
      Rehmannra
      Eyebright

Does anybody know if any of these things can have a negitive effect on T. I don't want to risk making it worse.

I've taken these once and of course now I'm thinking about it my T seems worse.

Thanks ever so much, I wish everybody all the best.

Jamie.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. notquiet!
      Doubtful

notquiet! Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress, Noise, Allergies, Activities, Dental, Diet?
      Hmm I don't know? I have heard that naturopath remedies do not make a difference. I'm pretty much skeptical about everything though. I am sorry you evil tinnitus is worse! Natural would be better though I agree. All I can offer is my empathy and support. I wish you the best too. Please take care Jamie. :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hi, @Jamie, I really doubt it will make your tinnitus worse. If it does, stop taking it and you should be fine. However, I question if it will do much good. But some folks here at TT swear by natural medicine or supplements, so there you go.

4. Jamie
      Scared

Jamie Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/1989
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks notquiet,

Yes since my event last November I am worried about taking anything, so of course that makes the T worse. My doc wanted to put me on AD's, I started but then said no, just too risky.
      I hope you are winning your battle with this cruel and unusual condition. All the best.

5. Jamie
      Scared

Jamie Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/1989
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for the reply ladydi,

I'm pretty sure it's all in my head when I go to take something new but as you say I can always just stop taking it, being a more natural supplement it hopefully wouldn't do any permanent damage.
      T is the condition but it's what it does to your mental state that's the problem. I wish you all the best.