Naturopath — Good or Risky?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jamie, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Jamie
      Worried

Jamie Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/1989
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1989 Ear Infection 2015 Coming off Benzo
      Hello,

I been to see a naturopath twice now, the first visit she suggested dairy free which I did for a month but didn't really notice much difference.

Now I have been given a supplement with 600mg of quercetain and 200mg Bromelains twice a day.
      Also a herbal medicine with

Ginko
      Horseradish
      Goldenseal
      Elderflower
      Cayenne
      Rehmannra
      Eyebright

Does anybody know if any of these things can have a negitive effect on T. I don't want to risk making it worse.

I've taken these once and of course now I'm thinking about it my T seems worse.

Thanks ever so much, I wish everybody all the best.

Jamie.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. notquiet!
      Scared

notquiet! Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music on headphones
      Hmm I don't know? I have heard that naturopath remedies do not make a difference. I'm pretty much skeptical about everything though. I am sorry you evil tinnitus is worse! Natural would be better though I agree. All I can offer is my empathy and support. I wish you the best too. Please take care Jamie. :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Hi, @Jamie, I really doubt it will make your tinnitus worse. If it does, stop taking it and you should be fine. However, I question if it will do much good. But some folks here at TT swear by natural medicine or supplements, so there you go.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jamie
      Worried

Tinnitus Since:
      05/1989
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks notquiet,

Yes since my event last November I am worried about taking anything, so of course that makes the T worse. My doc wanted to put me on AD's, I started but then said no, just too risky.
      I hope you are winning your battle with this cruel and unusual condition. All the best.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jamie
      Worried

Tinnitus Since:
      05/1989
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for the reply ladydi,

I'm pretty sure it's all in my head when I go to take something new but as you say I can always just stop taking it, being a more natural supplement it hopefully wouldn't do any permanent damage.
      T is the condition but it's what it does to your mental state that's the problem. I wish you all the best.