Neck Issues Causing My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bill Bond, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Bill Bond

Bill Bond Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sleeping incorrectly
      I thought I had found the answer to my tinnitus, but I had to go one more step.

After several doctors misdiagnosed me, I found an upper cervical doctor. After an adjustment my tinnitus would disappear for a day up to 7 days.

The reason why my tinnitus kept coming back was that C3-C4 were misaligned or rotated. This is allowing my vertebrae to stay straight.

It’s been almost two weeks now and I’m about 75% free of tinnitus.

Going for several more visits to physical therapist for these neck issues.

• Like Like x 4
      • Informative Informative x 2
    2. ManuSony

ManuSony Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      How did you discover it? I had 6-7 days of neck pain and suddenly tinnitus, and now I have neck and upper back pain close to neck... any advice?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bill Bond

Bill Bond Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sleeping incorrectly
      The physical therapists found several large trigger points in my neck and also my 1st rib was out of place. They asked me if I had been in any accidents, I was in 2 broad sided accidents in the last 5 years which was the reason I was exhibiting these issues. So with the combo of the upper cervical doctor and physiotherapists I’m improving slowly but surely. 70% of tinnitus cases are due to loud noise exposure, I knew this was not the case for me so I would not give up till I found out what was causing my tinnitus.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I’m getting a cervical MRI next week followed by a consultation with a pain management doctor the next day. Maybe they will recommend some type of injection to my upper cervical area. I have a static type noise today that could be related to my neck.

I’ve had cervical injections a few years ago. It seems when I exercised my neck the other day until my neck physically hurt, I had the rest of the day with no static. Noises seem to come back the next day, so relief didn’t last. When I had a TMJ MRI done in April 2021 at the Piper Clinic they mentioned in a report of issues my upper cervical spine.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I had a consultation today with a pain management doctor regarding my cervical MRI yesterday. They agreed to do an injection into my C2 & C3 area in late March. I’m not sure exactly what the injection is but I assume it’s some kind of steroid. Hopefully I can get in earlier as I’m on a cancellation list.

• Like Like x 1