Need Any Support/Help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lelouch, May 30, 2017.

1. Lelouch

Lelouch Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/18/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus infection
      Short story of my tinnitus is this: noticed I have ringing in my ears 2 weeks ago, go to doctor on Saturday, positive for strep, prescribed penicillin. T gets a little better but then gets a lot worse around Tuesday, go to different doctor on Thursday, diagnosed with sinus infection that is worse on right side, get stronger antibiotic called Augmentin which makes it a lot better.

It has now been 5 days since taking the new antibiotic and there is still a very high pitched ringing that's worse in my right ear, although it is a lot quieter than last week. I've been having awful anxiety and panic attacks nearly every day because I keep worrying it'll be permanent. I'm only 23 years old, and my hearing is great, which is why I'm even more scared that this will be permanent. It sounds like there's always static from a TV inside my head.

But regardless, nice to see there's a great community for people who suffer from this awful condition.

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      It can take weeks for T to subside after an infection. Hang in there.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lelouch

Lelouch Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/18/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus infection

Yeah, that's what I've read. It's just really alarming because I've never had the ringing before, I guess because I've never had a sinus infection. Thank you for the reply

4. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      I'm sure you'll be fine. I've never heard of a sinus infections causing permanent Tinnitus.
      Probably will fade completely in a few weeks (IMO)

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lelouch

Lelouch Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/18/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus infection
      That is very good to hear. I thought it would go away as soon as the infection was healed. :(

6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      If it ever goes away, make sure to keep protecting your ears. Once someone has T, it is easier to get it again.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lelouch

Lelouch Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/18/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus infection
      Oh I definitely will be. I'm buying a custom pair of earbuds for when I mow or go to a concert or loud bar.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I would recommend that you also purchase a pair of 3M Peltor ear muffs. I am very happy with the pair that I recently bought. You don't want to mow your lawn without those muffs. You may also consider asking someone else to mow your lawn for the next year or two (to give your ears as much rest as you can).

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      Great advice on having someone else mow your lawn. I have my wife mowing (riding lawn mower!) and it really helps giving your ears time to heal. Always wear hearing protection when mowing!