Need Some Advice — Is It Possible My Tinnitus Is Coming from Anxiety?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ab4477, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Ab4477

Ab4477 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2018 or 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So I'm not sure yet what has caused mine but I was super anxious after Halloween party I attended where I was right by the speakers there was a DJ for 10 -20 seconds and I was immediately anxious about if damaged my hearing I had my right ear plugged with my finger.

I was at the party outdoor for two hours and when I got home I had some ringing it was gone the next day.

However once my anxiety kicked in I was researching hearing loss tinnitus etc and my left ear slight aches from time to time and my right ear has a slight tone or ring only in quiet environments. This was about 3 days after. I also feel like my left is clogged a little but I can hear fine out of both ears and it's most likely the ear wax build up

I saw a doctor today who said there was no infection and that i have ear wax build up which could be causing this.

He wants me to get my ear flushed (irrigated )on this upcoming Monday after putting in baby oil 2x a day.

Also I am attending a concert in early December and I am worried it might make my t worse I plan on buying those standard foam in ear plugs but I am scared and not sure if I should go it's ok my birthday.

Also in the past I have listened to ear buds, used and still do use a gaming headset and I've been to 12 concerts on the last 5 years or so I only wore ear plugs for one show this March although at the end one fell out but I didn't experience ringing after that concert. As well I've been to my fair share of bars and clubs in the last few years.

Is it possible mine is anxiety as I suffer pretty bad from health anxiety and I've had it like that since this year and I've had a lot of other physical symptoms and most of them are gone now.

2. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ab4477

Ab4477 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2018 or 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I haven't had my hearing tested yet it didnt suggest it as he thinks it might just be the earwax build up. I dont think I have any it doesn't seem like I do and I feel like my anxiety is playing a huge part in this

4. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Why I suspect hearing loss plays a role.

5. Contrast
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      What I'm saying is there hearing test are inaccurate, ofcourse ear wax can play a role as well.

6. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Tinnitus can be caused by stress, anxiety and many other things. However, if you are a regular user of headphones or headset as you've mentioned on another thread; most likely your tinnitus was caused by "sound" Exposure to loud sounds or using headphones/headsets too loudly over a period of time often cause tinnitus.

If it is the headset that has caused your tinnitus and you continue to use it even at low volume, it likely to get worse.

Michael

7. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Noise exposure amplified by the anxiety. You really need to start avoiding concerts and headphones until your ear heals. It's up to you how you want to risk it though.

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ab4477

Ab4477 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2018 or 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      The concert I'm attending is in the nose bleeds section, with ear plugs I should be okay?