Need Some Feedback; Introduction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Brian_88, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Brian_88

Brian_88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/7/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot
      Hello all, I’m Brian and I’ve done some browsing on here after I recently scared myself with firing my pistol and getting Tinnitus in my right ear. I was not using protection (trust me I know to now but it’s too late) and now I get the loud frequency in my ear. It happened yesterday around 5pm and it’s now around 8am the next morning and it hasn’t gone away.
      I’ve been reading some users’ posts on here and how awful this can be to ones’’life, and seeing everyone deal with this; I want to attempt all and everything I can to hopefully better my chances at healing.

I was shooting a 45 and fired 6 rounds. I heard a ‘pop’ on the first shot, and continued to fire as I did not believe that the ‘pop’ was damage, just the sound wave from the firearm. I now realize that was incorrect.
      The noise is now constantly present and my ear feels numb, with the occasional ‘higher pinched’ ringing joining it for a few seconds once every hour or so.
      I’m in the early stages of this so I’m still in a little shock and hopeful this is not permanent. I feel like a post was necessary as I’m 21 and have never had this type of ringing in my ear before. What do I need to do to possibly save my right ear..?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk @Brian_88 , your doctor could try you on a course of prednisalone as it helps inflamation and for some
      reduce tinnitus .
      love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Protect your ears from loud noises and go see a doctor asap. Sometimes doctors prescribe prednisone after an acoustic trauma - ask about it.

Good luck!