Need Some Positive Advice

Discussion in 'Support' started by sandra72, Aug 23, 2015.

1. sandra72

sandra72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2014
      1 year and 3 months with t now. I thought i was habituated. It went all wel. It didn't bordered me that mutch anymore. But than it became louder and my focus whas on my T all day long. I've been crying again en complained a lot.

My sound is a hissing soun. One day louder and the next day very soft. It is never constant. Don't know why this happends. At the moment i am getting nervous about it. Still do the things i did before but always checking if it's still there, no matter how loud or soft. Friday it whas loud so i had to do something. Went to the shop and after that i when to visit some friends. Dit nog pay attention to it and i did not hear it. the sound of my t whent down. Yesterday it whas again on my mind. I whatch a movie and did not pay attation to it so i did not hear it.

There are times that i can hear it over the tv and times when tv can cover it up. Dont hear it in the shower and most of the time i dont hear it in the car or outside. Sould i feel lucky to have it this way?

So my quastion is will it always be like this. Wil i ever be at the point that it doesn't make me nervous anymore and i don't care about it anymore?

I hate this setback.

Sorry for my bad english. I hope you all understand me.

2. SteveSkis92
      Dumb

SteveSkis92 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity from Electronic Cigarettes (Propylene Glycol)

Hey Sandra, sorry to hear you're having a tough day. I woke up on the bad side of the bed this morning as well and I know how disheartening and tiring that is....

Our T sounds very similar. My T is also a high pitched hiss that changes intensity on a daily basis. One day quiet, the next, noisy as ever. Honestly, I suspect that this may be because of neuromuscular inflammation. I can't be certain as I haven't taken prednisone or anything similar, but I have faith.

Do you have any hearing loss? Or any other issues? (Neck pain, TMJ, etc.)

Hang in there Sandra, hope you have as good a day as possible!

-Steve

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sandra72

sandra72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2014
      Thank you.

I have no hearingloss. Did have 3 tetst and al whas normal for my (43)
      I have TMJ, Neck pain, tention in my jawmusscle.

Do you know how your T started?

4. SteveSkis92
      Dumb

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi again @sandra72 . My T was caused by the use of an electronic cigarette. One of the main ingredients in E-Cigs is Propylene Glycol....it is Ototoxic. I have had intrusive T for about 9 months now.

However, I am not certain that I experienced "actual" Ototoxicity because I have no hearing loss either. I suspect that the E Cig worsened an underlying problem, creating inflammation and T. I have had untreated scoliosis for 10 years, worked three years for 40 hours a week on a meat slicer, have had a total of 14 tooth extractions, 6-7 years of orthodontic work, and terrible posture throughout. I think that the E Cig and stress just sent all of that over the edge.....I have had days and moments of near total silence though, so it doesn't make sense to me that hearing damage is to blame.

Do you have any idea how you got your T? Do you have noise sensitivity or hyperacusis?

-Steve

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sandra72

sandra72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2014
      I really dont know why i have T. I also smoked the E cigarette but not for long but not long after that i had T. I went running and at home i went vacuumcleaning and at that moment a felt something in my ear and after vacuumcleaning there it whas, a hissing sound. I also had a lot tooth extractions, i have no bigger teeth anymore. My dentist want to take al my thooth out in my upper jaw and have a prothese. But i am scared to do it.

I am also a very stressed person. No i have not noise sensitivity or H. But somethimes when a knife or vork is valling it doesnt feel plessent to my ears. With me its very strange. I can reduce the sound a lot by putting my jaw down. when i press on the left side of my skull the hissing goes louder but when i am pressing on the right side nothing happends.

I have silent days i can only hear it in a silent room but then the sound is differen, more like a low beeb/hum. And i have days when the hissing comes almost over everything. Thats's why i thought this can't be a damage to my ears.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. SteveSkis92
      Dumb

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wow @sandra72 , our T sounds very similar indeed! On my super quiet days, if I go into a silent room, I don't usually hear any hissing at all, but instead a low volume rumble or drone sound that feels like it's coming from the base of my skull/top of the spine. I also have days when my T is a hissing, but is louder. Some days, the TV can easily cover up my T, but other days it goes right over it. I also cannot hear my T outside 95% of the time, so we should definitely be grateful for that!

Does your T "pulse" at all? I don't mean pulsatile tinnitus, like hearing a whooshing or drumbeat sound. I mean does your T rise and fall in volume at all with your heartbeat? Ever?

-Steve

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sandra72

sandra72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2014
      Yes it does. But not always. somethimes it goes like Woosh Woosh Woosh on my heartbeat. It also goes whoos whoos whoos when i am walking, just like the ritme how i walk, but also not always.

8. SteveSkis92
      Dumb

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Have you tried any anti-inflammatory drugs like Prednisone since your T started? Did they have any effect?

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      sandra72

sandra72 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      may 2014
      No

No did not take anything. My doc never told me about it. I only take zink, B12 and magnesium

10. SteveSkis92
      Dumb

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm not sure if you've heard of this, but you may want to look into Somatosensory Pulsatile Tinnitus. This is a form of tinnitus that is caused by neuromuscular inflammation which inhibits the Dorsal Cochlear Nucleus. The DCN is located at the top of the spine/base of the skull.

I have yet to confirm that this is the cause of my T, but a round of steroids like Prednisone are an excellent diagnostical tool. If the Prednisone eliminates your T, you can confirm that your T is caused by inflammation, not cochlear damage. The effects of the prednisone will be temporary, but from there you can make lots of anti-inflammatory efforts which may help the problem.

Dr. Robert Levine has written quite a bit about this form of T. It is a recognized and accepted concept, and according to Levine as much as 1/3 of T cases can be traced back to neuromuscular inflammation. There is no instant cure for it, but studies have shown things like physical therapy, chiropractic care, bite splints if needed, good diet, and a generally healthy lifestyle was shown to significantly lower or even eliminate some people's T over a period of three years.

I can't guarantee that either of us have this, but I completely agree with you that based on the way our T acts, it doesn't feel right blaming hearing loss or inner ear damage. This is why I think that we may be suffering from Somatosensory Pulsatile Tinnitus.....

Sorry for the short story, hope I was helpful at least!

-Steve