Need Some Support

Discussion in 'Support' started by Davey126, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Davey126

Davey126 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello TT family,

I've been trying my best to help others, but right now I could use some support. My tinnitus is mainly in my left ear and is a high pitch tone. Over the months I have learned to deal with it and I would say most days it doesn’t bother me. I have some good and bad days.

This morning I woke up with tinnitus in my right ear :( It’s a very low hum that I can actually somewhat feel in my ear and head. It’s hard to explain, but it’s worst than the high pitch noise. My anxiety is ramped up now and it’s all I can hear.

I couldn’t do my meditation session this morning due to it and I’m afraid it’s a new tone ill need to live with. I have so much coming up and I really can’t have this road block stop me, but it’s really a struggle right now.

I just had to take a benzo for the first time in many months to relax me. I know not much can be done as this is the nature of tinnitus. Maybe I’m just venting a bit here. I hope we all find relief soon.

Dave

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      These sounds are annoying. They make us recognize our mortality every day, sometimes all day. Just go and try and be as positive as you can, distract yourself, and wait for the cure. There is more going on now for tinnitus research than ever has before. Soon enough we should have relief from the Susan Shore device, Frequency Therapeutics, or Decibel Therapeutics.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. robHing

robHing Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Tinnitus will move to another ear without any reason.
      I have been through this like you. To me, I accept it, habituate it and move on.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Same here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. dfw
      Cool

dfw Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      sports arena
      I typically have unilateral T, but sometimes it moves to bilateral. Always, it is temporary.
      Although, if I really really listen for it or apply pressure in front of the ear, I can barely hear it.
      Like my pulsatile, it should be temporary and move on.

Best to you

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Davey126

Davey126 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks everyone for the support. I meant I needed to take a higher dose benzo to relax me for the first time in months. I usually only need a small dose 0.5mg but I used 1 mg this morning have been on benzos on and off for a while now. My worst days seem to be when I stop taking them for a few days at a time. Maybe my body is use to them now and I’m now realizing it. My T might seem to be getting worst from not taking my Ativan everyday. I’ll speak with my psychiatrist. I know this is a separate topic I can look through the forums about. I really think this could be the culprit of the ramped up anxiety and T. Anyways the fight continues.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Davey126

Davey126 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Actually really scaring me and I feel stupid for not realizing the Ativan could be the cause of my recent issues with anxiety and T :(

8. J.Hartog
      Worried

J.Hartog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Life
      Very possible, I am in benzo withdrawal atm. Better get off the stuff before you are in trouble! Dont cold turkey but slowly taper... It has caused me serious trouble including louder T.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Davey126

Davey126 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you @J.Hartog im going to reach out to my psychiatrist and gp. Hoping for the best. I have read some horror stories about benzos. I guess even a small dose over a long enough period (which I believe has helped me) can eventually cause dependency. Even if this isn’t the cause of my recent problems I need to address it with my doctors. Thank you.

10. J.Hartog
      Worried

J.Hartog Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Life
      I am on ativan too and it is short acting, so everytime it stops working you will have lower GABA and more glutamate. It can increase T at least temporary. Maybe you could discuss switching over to valium and slowly weening off. At least you are not on a very high dose so thats a good thing.

11. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      We both have T in one ear.