Need to Hear More SUCCESS Stories Please!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dginobile, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      Hey all before I start my rant I want everyone to know for those of you suffering with tinnitus for years my heart goes out to you I mean that!

I'm closing in on about 5 weeks since onset and the frustration, depression, anxiety is all still there, I go in rooms to cry so my family doesn’t see it, when I’m at work I escape to the bathroom to let out a good cry as well.

Suicide thoughts are more often than they should be and would love to try an anti depressant but of course they’re mostly known to worsen T, mine is still the same as it was in the beginning constant high pitched tone in the center of my head although it seems to be more on the right side when I plug my ears.

Hope is hard to come by on the internet these days. I’ve resorted to even asking strangers in saunas if they know anyone with it and it went away, I get some strange looks but one man told me his wife had mild whooshing that went away after taking an antibiotic for ear infection.

But that is not my cause I’ve been going back and writing down any and everything I was exposed to prior to onset so mine could be from a spinal tap, medicine, stress, MRI and other scans, I told a Dr yesterday (neuroradiologist) that I feel like one of those women on Maury or Jerry Springer who slept with 8 men in two weeks and don’t know who my child’s father is and he laughed but I was serious I wish there was a test that could pinpoint the cause which could maybe help treat it.

I just started B12 (started magnesium oil a week ago as well) and did the zinc taste test and found out I’m deficient so will start that in a week or so as well I am also looking into acupuncture as I have heard some success stories from that.

But I realllllllly wish people that get cured would come back and tell their success stories more often because I like to believe they’re out there TINNITUS FREE and may God bring us all silence again soon

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      Not cured but i will tell you right now your going through the hard part....it does get easier and easier and easier...i have days i dont even know its there and when i hear it i dont care.... you will get there too...i know it sounds impossible right now....just go through my posts from the past year and 5 months**...hang in there

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Informative Informative x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      @Jomo thank you I hope I can get to that place or it completely disappears

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      @Bill Bauer hey Bill, yes I have read those but would love to see more ppl on our forum having complete resolution

6. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I highly suggest that you get your b vitamins from food and not by taking b12 vitamins. B12 can be helpful but it can also cause anxiety. Anxiety/stress plays a huge role in how your tinnitus behaves. Also, do know that you are in your very early stages of having tinnitus. ALL of us were in your shoes and it was very hard to figure out exactly what was going on. It's ok to feel the way you are feeling.

In regards to success stories, don't just look for those that had their tinnitus disappear. Look for stories of those that overcame/habituated to their tinnitus (at all levels and intensity) and now are living their lives. Tinnitus can come and go and then it can relapse, so please take that into consideration.

You are doing fine, we are here to support you :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      • Hug Hug x 1
    8. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I've been diagnosed with severe tinnitus 7 years ago. It's still severe but I manage to go hours at a time ignoring it. For me there are just too many things in life that I enjoy doing rather than concentrating on tinnitus. It wasn't easy to get to this point, but it does happen in time.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    9. Matthew Garrett

Matthew Garrett Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer 1997
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Kevlar McMillan Rifle Stock...
      I came down with tinnitus, real tinntus, one one night going on 21 years ago. I was 22 and I can honestly say it has put a basket over the bright sunshine of my life. I am, at the moment, not having a good go of it. Recently had a ear infection which made it worse. If it were not for the drugs I don't know what I would do... I will say it can get better. I participated in TRT therapy, along with a drug cocktail, that carried me from suicidal ideation to going back to Harvard. Of course my doctors in Virginia took away part of the previously mentioned drug cocktail and the tinnitus came back worse than ever. Right after Thanksgiving when we were getting ready for our mid-term testing. I went from decent sleep, and staying in the 90th percentile, to setting on the side of the bed rocking back and forth. I won't put a happy face on an unhappy memory. I had to withdraw and come home... All over some penny pinching nitwit at my insurance company who read in the PDR that the medication I was on was for "90 day periods or less". My doctor, who was gutless, caved on a therapy that had turned my life around in 18 months and sank my return to school...

Tinnitus CAN, from my experience, be treated. I have never experienced quiet or anything like it... I can't say that will be the case for you, however, the WORST thing you can do is concentrate on it in the early periods after it starts. It is SO EASY to tell someone else to blow it off, however, that is the best thing that is almost impossible to do. I can only give you moral support and hope can find some help that will keep you from the very natural response of concentrating on it...

A hepa cleaner(IQ AIR for me) in your bedrood and RICH musical backgrounds can HELP so very much. It CAN get better...

Warm Regards, Matt.

• Like Like x 2
    10. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Fact is it usually doesn't get better and these people who can't read a post prove it. Yours is still new so it can reduce by a good amount overtime hopefully.

11. Canadaman

Canadaman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud bar for two hours + levofloxacin + stress
      I got mine in late November 2017 and it's just reduced quite a bit in the last two weeks. You've got lots of time to make progress.

Things to do:

1. Vitamin D, 5,000 IU per day.
      2. Magnesium, anything except magnesium oxide, 350mg per day.
      3. De-stress. Tinnitus is neurological, which means it's a problem with how your neurons are wired up. If your brain is bathed in stress hormones, it can't do the rewiring that it needs to do to solve the problem. You need to do anything possible to relax and de-stress. This includes both how you interact with your tinnitus and how you arrange the rest of your life. Just take a breather from anything you can, in any way you can. Chilling out will have a real effect on your brain's ability to rewire and silence the tinnitus.
      4. Decent diet, moderate exercise. But don't beat yourself up over mistakes.
      5. Earplugs. Wear them anywhere at all loud. I live in the city and I started wearing them everywhere I went out - the street, noisy restaurants, etc. Some people argue against this, but I didn't have hyperacusis so I didn't worry about causing that. My earplug discipline has been associated with reduced tinnitus.

It's hard to say if your T will totally go away or not, but it will almost certainly improve some significant amount.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    12. Flamingo1

Flamingo1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4-15-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Here's one I came across on TT

• Informative Informative x 1
    13. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      A number of people say they got to the "can hear it only in quiet rooms" stage...

The studies in the stats thread seem to contradict your statement above.

• Agree Agree x 2
    14. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      You're right I guess, but I'm speaking cynically and anecdotally. I assume most people who leave, unless otherwise stated, just gave up.