Nerves

Discussion in 'Support' started by jeannie, Mar 24, 2016.

1. jeannie
      Stressed

jeannie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced, Ear Infection, Medication... Who knows?
      Does anyone who gets tinnitus in there head loudly ever get what feels like brain jumps and noise gets louder for a minute? Really hard to describe. Almost like if someone sneaks up to scare you and you jump and noise shoots up just for a minute, also would gabapentine cause this?almost thinking it's nervous system doing something?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Sounds a bit like brain zaps and stress and anxiety can cause it .....lots of love glynis

3. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Yes I get this when I move my eyes side to side, exactly like you describe. I first experienced this going on and coming off of Effexor. I'm off of Effexor now for a couple of months, it's still with me. I'm still hoping it goes away.

4. ReyKalinic

ReyKalinic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably vestibular neuritis in summer 1999
      Did your tinnitus started because of Effexor? I ask because my Docs want put me on ssri as a replacement of tegretol (and others painkillers) for trigeminal nevralgia and tinnitus. He say that treating depression make things better and symptoms can improve. Is it real?

5. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I was taking it for tinnitus related depression, for me it was no help at all and definately made my T worse. I don't think these drugs help as obviously the tinnitus issue is still there. I would imagine that they may help you if you have more of a anxiety issue than a T issue. If you are more freaked out by the thought of T vs it actually affecting your life in a real and negative way then maybe they would help, I don't know. I have heavy issues with concentration, my T feels like it's burning through my skull, it's hard to think, taking meds that slow down brain function and make you stupid definitely compound this issue.

Also, these drugs are f//ing hell to come off of, I mean absolute and terrible withdrawal. I would be careful if I were you but others seem to dig this shit, I hate it, I want to be me, not a brain dead zombie.

• Like Like x 2
    6. ReyKalinic

ReyKalinic Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably vestibular neuritis in summer 1999
      Thank You. I was very confused about the replacement of medications like tegretol to antidepreassants for nerve pain/dysfunction. I will never understand the criteria but sure i will not take it!

7. whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Myofascial crap Bruxism, a jackhammer, stress who knows

I was on zoloft a while back before T and it took like 4 moths to work, but it did work pre T. I tried to get back on post T and almost off myself how crappy I felt. I was also in the oh shit I got T panic state. I sill kind of am but was thinking of asking the Doc about getting back on some type of SSRI, but its a bitch to get on and a bitch to get off

• Like Like x 1