Never Thought It Would Be Permanent

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Magic toboggan, May 25, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Magic toboggan
      Wtf

Magic toboggan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Hello,
      This is my story on how my t started. English isnt my first language and i have to do courses since 12' so sorry for my mistakes and misunderstuding. All started about a year ago. When i was trying to sleep i was hearting that ringing but just a little, not even noticable. I thought it was an electrical device that was making that sound, so one day i unpluged all devices from my room. That ringing didnt stoped. I said ok it will be something from another room so i didnt gave alot of attention. Meanwhile i loved to go to partys and concerts and had that ringing after leaving the place but after a good nap all was desapearing. So i didnt know that can be permanent. Before 3 months i got with a friend at a concert with very powerful sound system and punk/thrash music over it. After some hour at the front alot of people was gathered and dancing so i joined them. After dancing as i was exhausted i sat by speaker (my bigger mystake). So after the concert as my father getting me home my ears was ringing as always but this time TOO loud. I didnt even listen to him from the ringing. So as i was full tired (5am) i gone to bed and slept immediately and thought the next morning i will be fine. The next morning i got up with ear pain and t. The pain was crazy i couldnt do nothing. I got a warmer put it on my ear and for the rest of the day i was on bed. I told that to my parents so after a few days we gone to doctor. She tested my ears and said i didnt have any hearing loss and that the ringing will pass at 2 weeks. So i had a hope that it will gone. After 2 weeks the ringing was there and i was super sensitive to every thing i hearing, my ear was hurtingn from any noise. After some weeks rest my t was there but i had no pain. So i started again going to partys with earplugs but i noticed that sometimes the noise was causing pain to my ears. After leaving the partys i was having a little louder t but after 10 - 20 minutes where the same lowered t again. That way i added to my left ear a lower pitch t. So i was searching what's that ringing and i after research i end up joining this forum. The last 2 weeks i feel a little pain on my left ear and i think its caused by my throat which is upset. I have stoped going to partys and hearing loud music lately for not worsen my situation and also because i feel very sensitive and my ears pain. I havent followed any treatment because i havent found any but ive started taking some pills 1 month now which they are 100% bio cause i dont want drug effects in my body. They' re name is memovigor 2 and it says that its nouring nerve endings. After ending my pills (its saying 3 month for result) i will post my effect. Thats my story and the most times i feel happy but these days i have a depression i think because concerts and partys was the only thing i was having fun. Now im all day home and all my friends go to clubs events etc. Im only 16 and i hope a therapy will be invented!

2. James Brown
      Sporty

James Brown Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09-1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposition
      T really sucks . I had to give up movies, listen to music at my stereo system at high volume and so many other things.
      Just an advice. Stop going to party's like those. Now it's bad, but bearable. Don't make things worse for you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    3. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Get some NAC capsules, it'll help protect your hearing, and go to an ENT to get some steroids very quickly! You might have a window of opportunity, so go and see an ENT as soon as possible. Good luck

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Magnesium is also worth taking from the viewpoint of "can't hurt, might help".

Good luck, you're still young so you have that going for you, your body can heal in ways that older bodies cannot. You don't really need to worry about this being permanent for several more months, but you have definitely damaged your ears even if that doesn't show up on a normal hearing test, so be careful and probably no more live music without earplugs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      And some zinc.

6. Magic toboggan
      Wtf

Magic toboggan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Thank you guys for all advices!

7. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      No problem! Wish you all the best buddy.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Beowulf Agat
      Creative

Beowulf Agat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Please keep us posted as you progress. This Memovigor 2, is it something that is only sold i Greece? I haven't seen that product before, it actually says that it treats symptoms like tinntus and vertigo... Will follow this thread.
      All the best!

9. Magic toboggan
      Wtf

Magic toboggan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Yeah, it treats vertigo, tinnitus, helping your blood flow better and more things. And i love it cause its 100% natural. No side effects!!
      I think you can buy it from all EU countries and italy. Search for europharma. Thanks!!

10. Magic toboggan
      Wtf

Magic toboggan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Are you talking about those capsules? large_12347356-orig.jpg
      And what you mean steroids? What they are? And why to take them fast? Sorry but im new here and i havent heard anything about them.

11. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Steroids are what an ENT can give you. They reduce inflammation. Many people find that taking steroids has helped reduce the inflammation and reduced their tinnitus.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    12. Beowulf Agat
      Creative

Beowulf Agat Member

Tinnitus Since:
    13. Magic toboggan
      Wtf

Magic toboggan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Hmm im not sure but i will update you when i consume more of them. The "therapy" says about 90 pills and iv only took 30.

14. bigal1000

bigal1000 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5-11-2015
      I tried steroids my BP and heart rate went crazy.

15. Magic toboggan
      Wtf

Magic toboggan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      what do you recommend?

16. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      You might not get that side-effect, everyone is different. Really you shouldn't be delaying these steroids. Just get them as soon as possible.

17. undecided
      Fine

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      memovigor 2 is an Italian product, i believe it is only marketed in Italy and Greece. Absolutely and utterly useless, it just contains small doses of ginko biloba, some magnesium and other antioxidants.

18. Magic toboggan
      Wtf

Magic toboggan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Just returned from the ENT. She said i dont have to take steroids as they help only a few days after the noise exposion. Also, to continue taking those memovigor2 pills and to do an MRI or CT scan at two months if T havent stoped. For the pain she said i had irritated throat and my left nerve cramped so thats causing little pains.

19. undecided
      Fine

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      So your ENT thinks that you should get an MRI after two months to diagnose what? It is obvious that your t has been caused by noise exposure. She also thinks that a short course of corticosteroids is useless, however you should keep taking a useless and costly anti-oxidant containing magnesium and some sort of chinese dung/plant extract.
      Right.
      You actually paid that ENT for all these excellent pieces of advice?

20. Magic toboggan
      Wtf

Magic toboggan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      "Some exta information i forgot earlier" It doesnt seem i got an irritation in ear so an mri wont help me diagnose something. Also if i do mri my T will get increased as she said cause mri got a loud sound or something like that. Also suggested taking corticosteroids only if i got pain but i dont have now(thankfully). And memovigor 2 has helped alot of people with T so i dont think you must judge it before trying it. :beeranimation:

21. Magic toboggan
      Wtf

Magic toboggan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Maybe im gonna tell her to give me some steroids for a short time. I have T 3 months now so im not sure if they gonna help me. But short time use on healthy people doesnt seem to have so bad effects. Maybe i wil give them a try as @Danny Boy said.

22. undecided
      Fine

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      That's the first time I've heard that, quite creative, I'm sure your ENT knows better.

Like who?
      Memovigor might help you if your t is caused by some serious Vitamin B, E or Selenium deficiency... Pretty long shot.
      If your t is caused by loud noise exposure it will do absolutely nothing.

23. Magic toboggan
      Wtf

Magic toboggan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      13/02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Also what corticosteroids do you suggest? I know, cant anyone play the role of doctor but ive heard really bad stories of xanax (if this is a corticosteroid, im little confused)

24. undecided
      Fine

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      All corticosteroids have a similar mechanism of action and side effect profile. All corticosteroids are roughly/basically the same drug (actually they are synthetic products that mimic the behaviour of an important hormone that naturally occurs in the body).
      What sets them apart is the dosage (eg. 50mg plain old cortisone is roughly equivalent to 1mg dexamethasone).
      I can't really suggest any corticosteroid, that is something that you should discuss with your doctor.

Xanax is an anxiolytic and sedative benzodiazepine, it has nothing to do with corticosteroids.

• Helpful Helpful x 1