New and Haven't Slept Well in Two Weeks!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by NoraE, May 31, 2016.

1. NoraE

NoraE Member

Tinnitus Since:
      26/05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad cold
      Hello all, I am 24 weeks pregnant and exactly 15 days ago we came to settle in Sofia, I caught cold and for the first time ever my ears got colgged for a week!! Nowas the cold symptoms are gone my ears popped but leaving me with clicking sound every time I yawn eat or drink, when I thought it's something I can live with my ears started hissing :( .
      Went to the the ear nose and throat doctor again as I thought they could be blocked with wax or worse infected but no was all great no infection no wax and all seemed to be normal, she suggested it's either because of the bad cold or hormones. No medicications were prescriped for me :(
      I need help the maximum I could sleep is 2 hours a day!!!!

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      A warm welcome to tinnitus talk NoraE.
      You could have some mucous hanging around in your tubes.
      You can try steam inhalation.
      Also pregnancy and hormones can cause tinnitus for some people.
      Have a chat to your doctor or midwife and might suggest something you can take that's ok during pregnancy.
      There as been one or two pregnant mind on here one called Natalie so might be good read her posts.

Keep sound on at night that's relaxing day really low and a warm bath and Milky drink and a regular night routine to see if it helps....lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      NoraE

NoraE Member

Tinnitus Since:
      26/05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad cold
      Thank you loads @glynis , i am to see my OB this Friday and that is the first to ask her about , today i went to the ER for sleep relief as last night i tried to cope with the hissing sound with no luck , luckily the OB in charge understood what i am going through and suggested a herbal spray that would help , i will give it a try if it works i will share its name here with everyone whom might need a good night sleep.
      Great advises you gave me and i would try a warm bath before bed time this spray and hope for a long night sleep :)

• Like Like x 2
    4. Cindy Robinson

Cindy Robinson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's
      I hope the herbal spray brings you some relief!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      NoraE

NoraE Member

Tinnitus Since:
      26/05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad cold
      • Like Like x 1