New and Introducing Myself

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by xxxxtinnie, Sep 30, 2015.

1. xxxxtinnie

xxxxtinnie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      full on approx 12 months
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Industrial hearing loss
      Hello, I am 56 yr old male, and new to this forum or any forum for that matter. I have been reading the threads and thought I would join up. I have developed what I call full blown tinnitus, high pitched, loud, non stop tinnitus, due to hearing loss. I have had tinnitus on and off for a number of years, but it has become perminant over the last 12 to 15 months. I held out hope for I curable cause, having all the tests , MRI. ENT. etc. but the prognosis was pretty typical from what I have read on here. It is 12.30 in the morning and the tinnitus had been extra loud lately, affecting sleep etc., the reason I am on here now.
      The tinnitus I have is pretty typical of what others have said on here, with I think a lot of the same mental and emotional reaction, hope, hopelessness etc.
      I havent done anything in particular, to help eleviate it yet, just thought I would try and guts it out, but a bit easier said than done, sometimes. So I thought I would get more info on the masking techniques, devices etc.
      Anyway, its good to join up, realising that I dont have to be isolated and tuff this out on my own. It has taken a while to admit that. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
    2. Lorenzo74
      Mellow

Lorenzo74 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hey @xxxxtinnie and Welcome to TT !!

Shitty condition we all share isn't... Then again luckily there are places like this forum where one can learn and share and get support when needed and not feel so alone on something other people don't understand...

Look around and I am sure you will find plenty of coping and habituation techniques, and also info on new treatments and research development..

Best of luck and take care !!!!

By the way I love Australia ! Spent a few months in WA back in 2001... loved your country, the people, the beer and the BBQ :))

Ciao and hope your T lowers down a bit !!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      xxxxtinnie

xxxxtinnie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      full on approx 12 months
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Industrial hearing loss
      Thanks Lorenzo, my real name is Laurie...
      Yes is a great country. I have spent a lot of time in the bush working and recreation over the years, a great place. It has changed a bit though with regarding the natural sounds being accompanied with tinnitus, lol.
      Anyway, dropping in here every now and then can only help, and I guess at the end of the day we can look and see who or what the tinnitus is happening to or who or what is reacting to it and dropping that.