New and Scared

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Jeff Choi, Jun 21, 2016.

1. Jeff Choi

Jeff Choi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dodgeball hit face
      I was playing dodgeball in P.E class last Thursday when suddenly I got hit in the ear really hard with a ball then I started hearing weird noises. Later that day I start hearing a high pitched noise in my ear which is really bothering me :(. Present day I am still hearing this noise and the doctors say it could be from a concussion. Any thoughts or similar stories?

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      Well I think you have better odds of it going away then someone who got T from listening to loud music

3. LukeYoung
      Frantic

LukeYoung Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud Concert - Noise Exposure
      Get into an ENT as soon as possible to assess damage and if possible get treatment.

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      x2. See an ENT to check out the ear drums to see if any damage. Fix the root cause first. In the mean time stay positive and calm to avoid too much stress and anxiety as these will make T worse. If needed, try masking to block the sounds.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. LukeYoung
      Frantic

LukeYoung Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A loud Concert - Noise Exposure
      Second that, T gets worth with stress and anxiety, and though it is hard. Try to reduce those.

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jeff Choi

Jeff Choi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dodgeball hit face
      Thanks for the advice guys. Helps a lot . I saw an ent and she says my ear is fine and I also saw an audiologist who says my hearing is fine. I'm pretty sure I have hyperacuses too though...

7. billie48
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Do you find most normal sounds too loud and piercingly hurtful? Or that you find your T reacts to sounds? If you do, then perhaps you have H. But normally H will fade over time. Give the ears some time to settle and don't get freaked out. If everything seems normal, it will probably just need some time to heal the ears. In the mean time if the ringing troubles you, try do some masking. If you have a smart phone, then there are many free APPs for soothing nature sounds to choose from. If not, try an ipod and download nature sounds or white noise from itune. If you have computer and speakers, you can try these excellent masking sounds too:

TT's audio player: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/audioplayer/

or this online sound library, particularly the self-mix nature sounds: http://mynoise.net/

or download free sound generator ‘aire freshener’: http://www.peterhirschberg.com/mysoftware.html

or search youtube with words like 'tinnitus masking sounds', 'white noise', 'rain sound' etc.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jeff Choi

Jeff Choi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dodgeball hit face
      Normal sounds do sound more loud and annoying but, they don't hurt very much as others describe it. I also tried a frequency test online and I feel as if my left ear can hear higher frequencies than my right ear that got hit. Should I see a neurologist to see if I have damaged my brain?

9. billie48
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Don't know if a dodgeball can cause concussion. If you have that worry of brain damage, it may be worth the visit. At least if proven okay then you have less anxiety from the symptoms.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jeff Choi

Jeff Choi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dodgeball hit face
      I'm hoping it's a concussion so it's not damage in the ear. Billie, were you able to sleep fine at night because I seem to wake up several times during the night