New Cannabis Drug for Epilepsy (Epidiolex)

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Steinberg, Oct 2, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Steinberg

Steinberg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure
      http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/cannabis-drug-could-help-thousands-8965530

Since epilepsy and tinnitus are sometimes grouped in the same ball park, and since the drug is derived from a plant, lesser side effects perhaps... As to whether it could reduce tinnitus...

From what I gather it's basically CBD, however that's already readily available so perhaps there is some unbeknown refining. I've tried CBD oil for tinnitus without any effect, granted I only persued this for 2 days...

"The phase three trial results have been dramatic with the drug working for 42 per cent of patients compared to 17 per cent on placebo... Experts expect regulatory authorities in Europe and the USA to give the drug approval next year... No one knows exactly how Epidiolex works to stop seizures, but it is believed to dampen the excessive electrical activity in the nervous system that is the trigger for many attacks."

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Interesting. Seems to be an oil. I thought it would be a pill or something.

3. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      Maybe CBDs will give us some relief! Science give it up find the one...

4. Kazue

Kazue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/19/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This is a no brainer. Cannabis oil is known to get rid of cancer. This is going to be banned or extremely inaccessible in the US because it actually helps people.

5. Oli
      Alone

Oli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/04/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sonor Trauma
      @Kazue I understand where youre coming from but I think that they can't stop this with the spreading of canabis legalisation

6. ruben ruiz

ruben ruiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe it was meds and stress
      Hope your right!

7. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection

Hm....Basically selling CBD oil for extortionate profits and disallowing it to be sold as a supplement.

"We will continue to supply CBD until the 31st December 2016 and review how the industry responds after this date.

At this time we cannot anticipate what will happen with the CBD industry. The latest requirements from the MHRA is below.

The MHRA now say.
      "While MHRA has given its opinion that products containing cannabidiol (CBD) used for medical purposes are medicines, we have also carefully considered the needs of individuals using CBD products to treat or manage the symptoms of medical conditions.

Our primary concern is patient safety. In order to ensure that products remain available until individuals have the opportunity to discuss their treatment with their doctor, companies now have until 31 December 2016 to voluntarily operate within the law, by withdrawing their existing products from the market, or working with MHRA to satisfy the legal requirements of the Human Medicines Regulations 2012.

We have today written to the manufacturers of CBD to make them aware of the timeline for engagement.

It is vital that medicines meet safety, quality and efficacy standards to protect public health."

https://www.detoxtrading.co.uk/cbd-hemp-oil.htm