New Cannabis Drug for Epilepsy (Epidiolex)

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Steinberg, Oct 2, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Steinberg

Steinberg Member

Manchester, UK
      Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise Exposure

Since epilepsy and tinnitus are sometimes grouped in the same ball park, and since the drug is derived from a plant, lesser side effects perhaps... As to whether it could reduce tinnitus...

From what I gather it's basically CBD, however that's already readily available so perhaps there is some unbeknown refining. I've tried CBD oil for tinnitus without any effect, granted I only persued this for 2 days...

"The phase three trial results have been dramatic with the drug working for 42 per cent of patients compared to 17 per cent on placebo... Experts expect regulatory authorities in Europe and the USA to give the drug approval next year... No one knows exactly how Epidiolex works to stop seizures, but it is believed to dampen the excessive electrical activity in the nervous system that is the trigger for many attacks."
      • Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Ecip

Ecip Member

Edmonton, AB
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Interesting. Seems to be an oil. I thought it would be a pill or something.