New from Colorado

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by gypsiqueen, Jan 4, 2017.

1. gypsiqueen

gypsiqueen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Birth
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have no idea.
      Hi,

I'm a 44 year old woman from Colorado. I've had tinnitus my entire life. Until the last ten years or so, I thought everyone had ringing in their ears. Tonight I asked my husband what he heard when it was really quiet. He said, nothing. To clarify, I asked if he heard a ringing sound. He said no. I asked him if his ears click when he swallows or yawns; he said no. Of course, they click when I swallow or yawn. I'm not sure if it's related, but it kind of makes me wonder.

I've had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. When I was 5, I was diagnosed with having hearing loss to high pitched tones. I've had several tests since then, and it's always the same conclusion. I'm wondering if it is related to the tinnitus, since I was very young (about 5 years old.) Since I've had it my whole life, I am able to tune it out

In the last two days, the tinnitus has gotten markedly worse. The ringing is louder, and in my left ear, it sounds like a pulse. The pulse doesn't match my heart rate. If you say wow, wow, wow, over and over, that's how it sounds. I haven't added any different meds, and I haven't hit my head. I don't listen to loud music. I'm not sure what would cause this, or who to go to for an evaluation. I don't know where to find answers. If anyone can point me in a direction, or if you have similar experiences, please let me know! Knowledge is power.

Jennifer

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum Jennifer.
      There are many causes which can trigger or aggravate tinnitus including but not limited to drug reaction or side-effects of ototoxic drugs, ear or Eustachian tube infection, ear wax build up, ear drum injury, fluid build-up feeling pressured, TMJ, TTTS, high blood pressure or blood circulation problem, loud noise exposure or acoustic trauma, neck muscle problems, hearing loss, Meniere's, barotrauma from flight, grief for the loss of love ones, untreated sleep apnea, elevated stress, anxiety & panic disorder, etc. See if you have any of the above issue. Also it may be wise to get an ENT to check your ears. Take care. God bless.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Jennifer,

Welcome aboard!

As Billie suggested, it would be a good idea to go see an ENT. By all means, have him give you a hearing test as well. Good luck!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      gypsiqueen

gypsiqueen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Birth
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have no idea.
      Thank you!