New Here — 9th Day of Tinnitus — This Morning It Seems to Be Louder

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sweetiepiestef, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Sweetiepiestef

Sweetiepiestef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/26/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure maybe ETD?
      I woke up panicked this morning. The T sounds louder this morning. I already have a high pitch frequency but this morning it seems to be up louder. I know someone commented yesterday on my "introduction" post that T will spike/fluctuate for the first several months and I am going to need to be strong.

I am going to keep being strong because what other option is there but this sucks. I know you all know it and I don't want to be too whiny but the headaches alone coming with this are crippling.

I work in a call center and have to go to work soon. Today might not be a very good day for me.

I hope I can keep the panic to a minimum and somehow keep the headaches down. Thanks for reading all! :(:mad::(

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I totally get your situation and i am sorry that you are bothered by it. I have insane allergy/sinus headaches/head pressures that are bundled with the loud/disgusting tinnitus. It is a hard ordeal, but I dig deep inside and find that strength to carry forward.

Also, your tinnitus is fairly new, so you are still in shock from it. I know how you feel. Possibly talk this out with a loved one and get a support system. When I first got tinnitus, i'd talk to my parents and family. We are always here for you as well....

• Like Like x 1
    3. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      Hi
      Do you have any idea what is causing you T? loud noise, music too loud in headphones, change in diet or new medication? Keep in mind that there is a very good chance that your T is only temporary and will fade significantly in the coming months. Read this "welcome" page from the authors of this site, it may help you to relax a little.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/panic/

• Like Like x 1
    4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      If your ears feel worse after you spend a day working at a call center, then you may consider listening to your body and quitting your job. The money you earn there are not worth a lifetime of tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. GP55
      Cool

GP55 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      25 years ago
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      menieres in the late stage, and then worse
      Panic is NOT fun, I have had severe T for a couple of years and in the beginning I had periods of panic. After time thankfully that went away. For me it was just accepting and learning that it is nothing to panic about, but we are all different. I hope your T gets better soon and hang in there and fight the panic. Best of luck!

• Like Like x 1
    6. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I totally agree with Bill on this. I use to work in a call center as an operator and it was a loud environment...

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sweetiepiestef

Sweetiepiestef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/26/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure maybe ETD?
      Hey everyone! Thanks for the responses. I have calmed down :) I reminded myself the sound is not actually louder but my left ear feels a little swollen today causing a plugged effect possibly making me hear it louder. @Bill Bauer this call center is actually quieter than most it is a medical call center so we are not as busy as most call centers. Though they do play music but even that isn't terribly loud. I also can use white noise to drown most of it out. If I worked in a quieter environment I might panic often due to hearing the scream in my ear even louder. I appreciate the advise though guys! If it ever gets to be too much I would quit. The bad thing is my job skills have only been that of Customer Service so I am not sure what else I would do :(

• Like Like x 1
    8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      @Sweetiepiestef , you don't know what caused your T. Have you had a hearing test done? Could you be experiencing sudden deafness?

Check out
      http://www.masseyeandear.org/for-pa...ation/diseases-and-conditions/sudden-deafness
      "Patients who initiate oral steroid treatment more than four weeks after onset of their SSNHL have virtually no chance of oral steroid benefit."
      The sooner you begin the treatment, the better. Your ENT can also do steroid shots. I don't know much about it, but you can find information about it on this site.

Also, check out the link below. Hopefully it will make you feel better.
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/spontaneous-recovery-stats-over-70-recover-3-studies.21441/

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sweetiepiestef

Sweetiepiestef Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/26/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unsure maybe ETD?
      @Bill Bauer Not 100% sure. I get my ears suctioned out so it could be because of that, it could be because I use painkillers often for headaches, I also had my car back fire which was loud and startled me and am around someone who constantly shouts so any one of those. I also use a head set at work and have for a long time so maybe that? I did a hearing test and have not lost any of my hearing so far.

• Like Like x 1
    10. Applejuice

Applejuice Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20-3-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      If it is noise damage then headsets or anything with headphones can be the cause of your T and the worsening of it. A callcenter is not the place to be for someone with Tinnitus.