New Here — Tinnitus Started Last Month — Constant Noise but Varies

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Paromita, May 22, 2016.

1. Paromita
      Cool

Paromita Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, maybe dental and facial nerve
      Hello,

I am new here from Ohio, USA looking for some Tinnitus help.

Well, its a long story but my Tinnitus started last month, the sounds varies according to my anxiety level and posture as well. Here are the details -

(1) Have bad neck and posture. Always had neck and back problems. Always, sometimes got worse, did physical therapy and got better then left and again got it back. Was prescribed mostly steroids.
      (2) Have low thyroid, taking levothyroxine for that regularly.
      (3) Have nerve problems on my face (one doctor said Neuralgia) There is a strange numb sensation on my nose and to my left temple. Have slight pain as well on my nose on couple of spots. The sensations are pretty weird - they come and go.
      (4) Also had three abscessed tooth on my left side (which have now been taken out and they are healing well).
      Now still have three abscessed tooth on right side of my mouth. (the will need to be taken out)
      (5) Have occasional GERD

So with the long list, here's my story

Last month, went through MAJOR STRESS with my daughter falling sick (I love her very much) and this was a shock to me. Within days my condition deteriorated, I felt no hunger for days. That also triggered my GERD.
      My neck and back started hurting and suddenly the numbness attach on my face started. I could feel my tooth swell up and feel problems there. The next morning the T set in and is still there.

I took out the three tooth on the left in expectation it would make the T disappear, but it did not.

Couple of things I noticed about this T -
      (1) It changes severity based on my posture.
      (2) Massages make its better
      (3) Lying down makes it go high
      (4) Stress makes it worse and there are days where I am having constant anxiety attacks.
      and mind is focused on it.
      (5) The numbness on my face has gone down but still acts up, specially if I go out in COLD.

I am taking a homeopathic medicine at the moment (Hypericum Perf 6X) for this. Also seeing a neurologist next week.

Any suggestions/thoughts ? Thanks for the reading and sorry for all the details.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to the forums.
      Your back and neck posture can affect tinnitus and also lots of stress.
      If your teeth are out of inlinement it can put presure on your jaw joint and cause inflamation and tinnitus so your tinnitus could have a few causes.

Your teeth need sorting so in time after dental treatment your tinnitus might settle and more if you can keep your stress level down as that will help also.

Physio might help your posture and hope by having the three issues felt with, Time will tell if it works and your tinnitus settles.
      Try use sound therapy to help cope with the sound day and night if you need it .
      Talking therapy for stress can help also.
      Keep posting for round the clock support....lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paromita
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Glynis!

Thank you, nice to hear from you and for that love. It is so difficult for people to understand this condition.

Unfortunately, even my daughter is going through a tough condition right now (LPR). Both these conditions are difficult to handle, not sure why God suddenly decided to put us through this. But hoping when the time comes this will get solved as well.

Well, yes my neck and posture could definitely be part of the problem. another problem I am having is facial neuralgia. The nerves on my face are extremely sensitive right now and even a small touch or cold wind etc. flares it up. Right now I have gotten dental work done also (pulled out 3 tooth on the left) and things are extremely dicey.

Even a slight touch on my facial nerves makes my ears ring louder, and my ear turns hot, tingly and burny.

Not sure what to do, I am trying some homeopathic, and some ayurveda oil. Lets see...I dont want to go on a anti depressant.

Anyways, lots of love to you and for writing me at this time of my life. Namaste! Mita

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Sorry about your struggle with T. If you don't want the ADs, perhaps consider the natural alternatives, such as Catnip, Valerian, Hops, Passion Flower, Lemon Balm, Chamomile, Lavender, Kava, Melatonin etc. You can google search each of them to know their use and see if you can take them as a supplement. Check out this site on using natural herbs for sleep problem. Take care & God bless.

http://www.christopherhobbs.com/lib...alth/herbs-and-natural-remedies-for-insomnia/

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paromita
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Chris,

Thanks for writing back, I am not dealing with insomnia at the moment, but some nerve pain on my face. Do you know any naturepath near me who can help or willing to look at the case ? Many thanks for your time and help. Best REgards, Mita

6. billie48
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Some of these herbs on the site are for anxiety and depression. They have calming effect to help with anxiety. That is why you need to google search them on usage. Amazon.com is a good place to search for these products as each product page contains many user reviews. Lemon Balm for example is highly recommended for general anxiety and stress reduction. St. John Wort for example is used for helping with depression, etc., etc.

I live in Vancouver Canada. So I won't be able to advise you on doctor referral in Ohio. Best is to get your doctor to refer you to neurologists in your area for nerve pain issue.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Paromita
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Hi Chris,

Thanks, yes I understand. I am taking a low potency (6x) homeopathic drug called Hypericum Perf (which i believe is St. John Wort homeo version) for this, twice a day. Thanks for the tip on Lemon Balm, I will try it. Any recommeneded dosage ? I am dealing with lots of anxeity on day to day basis. Thanks for all your help, Mita

8. billie48
      Sunshine

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure